Yes, you guessed it - another run, another ride ;-)
Thursday night I had an interesting meeting which meant that I had to run before work. It's sooo dark out there now - I took my snazzy new headlamp out for a test drive as my favourite loop near home takes in a few (rural) back roads with very few, if any, streetlights. Yes, I now own a headlamp. My god - what has become of me ;-)
Today the goal was to go a little bit further & run some of the little bitty rolling hills that I have been walking for the last couple of weeks. My piriformis was a bit more niggly than 'normal' but that's to be expected I guess. Still, finished pretty comfortably with 9.05k in 58:11 (aver 6:25min/k).
Today (Friday) I decided to sleep in - woohoo - 5.30am seems like such a sleep-in these days! Got up & did my stretches. After work tonight, I dragged out Apollo for an interval session -
5mins warm up
7 x 4mins efforts/1:30 recovery
5 mins cool down
I had it in quite a large gear to start with but again had absolutely nothing in my legs - so after the first interval I dropped down to a lower gear & increased the cadence. Really tough session - I was 'glowing' lots ;-) And I really shouldn't have eaten those 2 rice crackers just before getting on the bike - not a good idea at all...
Finished with stretches & more snowball building. Run + ride either tomorrow or Sunday - I had planned to do the session tomorrow afternoon but I'm off to a rather belated Christmas lunch first so we'll see.....
MTD: 65.64k
3 comments:
Your not coming up in my bloglines, so I thought you weren't posting ! Great to see your out there and running, spinning. Keep chipping away at it Jen. :)
Very sensible training you have been doing. I sure its going to pay off on the big day.
Wow! The headlamp will be perfect for 12' track later in the year ;)
Post a Comment