- 45mins run (7.03k) on Tuesday morning including 5 x 1min pickups with 1min easy recovery. Had to walk the recoveries so clearly I ran them too fast. Given that I haven't done any speed work in about 3 years, that's hardly surprising I suppose.
- easy 40mins spin on Wednesday morning - probably should have skipped this session after getting home from work late but didn't.
- 2.5 hour hike with 12kg pack from Kiama to Saddleback Mountain & return on Saturday morning (11.6k). This was a beautiful hike & well worth the (bloody hard) effort. The view was outstanding; from the Illawarra escarpment to the north, Seven Mile Beach to the south, surrounded by lush green rolling hills, the colours of which changed constantly due to the cloud coverage & stormy skies out to sea. Have to admit that at times I was thinking to myself that I couldn't imagine carrying up to 30kg...one kg at a time I guess.

Spent the afternoon at my niece-to-be's first birthday party (*waves*). I ended up having a nana nap after the birthday cake was cut. Must have been tired as I managed to sleep despite the noise being generated by about 15 kids under the age of 10.
I could have done with another nana nap today but spent the afternoon in the office (which really sucks when it's a 3 hour return trip from home to the office). A much needed recovery week is ahead; I'm feeling really tired & run down at the moment. Hopefully I can get through the week without getting sick & then recharge my batteries on the long weekend...
MTD: HWP - 35.39k* + B - 19.3k* + R - 32.13k
Hiking with pack >10kg; bike total is long rides only
3 comments:
You've done quite a bit considering so many things in your way, Jen.
I hope you can re-charge the batteries this coming weekend....early nights, late mornings, breakfast in bed, etc. etc!
thats a lot of noise!
nanna nap fully justified i think youve had a big week (even for you!).
To view the plain first you must scale the mountain...
Nothing like humpin a big ole pack on your back up a mighty big hill for satisfaction.
Remember that CR (you know the loopy one before Rudolph) who used to carry - dang - what was it he carried?
Nice work Jen.
Post a Comment