I only started having recovery weeks when I started training with TA in about September last year - which is, no doubt, one of the reasons why I was injured so often. At the time, I hated recovery weeks; I thought that they were a waste of perfectly good training time. But now, as much as I love training hard, I have come to lurve my recovery weeks. Hauling a pack for hours on end each weekend probably has something to do with it! This recovery week was a bit easier than normal thanks to TA giving me the weekend off as we were going away :-)
Monday - rest
Tuesday - easy 30mins run - 4.37k - av. 6:53m/k - av. 141BPM
Woohoo! First time that I've averaged under 7min/k pace since the HR experiment began. Bring on the sub 6:30's :-D
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 60mins strength session on my lonesome at the gym at lunch. No morning run due to a breakfast function at work.
Friday - easy 30mins spin
Saturday - rest
Sunday - easy 40mins run - 6.27k - av. 6:41m/k - av146BPM
Decided to make up for Thursday's missed run - not to mention work off some of the food I consumed on Saturday. Great run on a beautiful still morning. Nice :-)
Spending an indulgent weekend at the Crowne Plaza in the Hunter Valley eating & drinking lots rounded out the week nicely :-D
MTD:
Run - 22.05k
Hike - 15.54k
Bring on a HUGE training week. 11hrs I think next weekend alone....
5 comments:
Less rocks in the backpack for the week.
I love the idea of a recovery week, but can't say that I have had a scheduled one for a while. My recovery weeks are when I get sick!
Thanks Jen, you have made me feel much more positive about my recovery week this week.
I watched "Miracle on Everest" last night and thought of you. Speaking of miracles...Jen embracing recovery??? (cue spooky horror musak do do do-do, do do do-do)
TA used to say that it wasn't about making me work harder so much as making me take it easy so I could do the training without getting exhausted and not being able to do the next session justice.
Still, your recovery weeks are other peoples "hard" weeks ;-)
recovery weeks are good because they allow you to smash youself more the next week :)
too many everest shows on lately.
i am in everest overload ;)
or should that be chomolongma overload?
Post a Comment