Geoff, I'll try and have an uninteresting week to make it interesting for you ;-)
Mon: rest (day surgery)
Tue: pilates + rest (stoopid work)
Wed: woke at 3.30am thinking about work & couldn't go back to sleep. So getting up at 4.30am to do a bike session was actually pretty easy for once. 30mins bike on the trainer incl. 3 x 5mins efforts w/ 5min w/u & c/d. Nice to get moving again. 11.6k. 40mins pilates w/ Carly later in the afternoon.
Thu: very short strength session + pilates in the gym at lunch.
Fri / Sat: rest (if a day of spectating at Six Foot can be considered rest)
Sun: went out about 7.30am with R for a ride; our first ride together in months. Headed out to the M4 & then up Lapstone Hill to Blaxland - my first time up the 'hill' & in the process set a new HR max of 191 according to Garmin Electra - before coming back down via Mitchells Pass. It's clear that R is in taper mode; he suggested that we stop for coffee & banana bread at the Coffee Club down by the Nepean River on the way home. I like the way he thinks ;-) I had really enjoyable morning - a shame though that I have had to spend the rest of the day working. 34.1k in 1.41. Av. 20.1k/h
Work is going to be really feral for a few (several) months now that the project I was employed to do has finally been given the green light. Professionally for me, this is huge. But I've worked too hard on my bike & swim fitness & strength over the last 12 months to let it go. Hopefully I'll be able to find some semblance of a routine in order to get some training done...
MTD:
Swim - 2km
Bike - 77.6km
2 comments:
Banana Bread! Yum!
Ah, no. Fri/Sat can't be considered a rest for spectators. Tiring and stressful I'd say!
Post a Comment