Sunday, July 04, 2010

6...

Can't believe it is only 6 weeks to go until the race. I don't feel ready though I people keep telling me that I am.. ;-)

Thu: after working til midnight last night, I thought this session might be a bit of a struggle but it ended up being a relatively good session. 55min bike session on the windtrainer. 21km.

Fri: 45min pilates with Carly. Was due to swim after work but couldn't escape from work until late.

Sat: up early to meet TA at Hornsby for my first ride along the Old Pacific Highway. I was feeling a bit rusty this morning after another long week at work so I was (secretly) relieved it was only due to be a 3hr ride rather than the 4-4:30 rides I've been doing lately. Maybe that relief turned into karma because it turned into a 2:24 ride with 3 tyre changes. If nothing else, it was good practice ;-) A really enjoyable ride (when we weren't practising our tyre changing ability) with great company. Brooklyn Hill is very different from the hills we have out west & a nice change. Not to mention the heavenly road surface - bliss. Thanks TA. 49.7k. Av.21k/h

Home for a shower, more coffee & food & catching up on my (personal) emails then it was off to the pool for my interval swim session I had planned to do on Friday. 2km in total including lots of intervals. Felt a bit flat during the first one but finished the session well. This session made 7km in the pool this week; I haven't done that in a l-o-n-g time. Would have loved a nap afterwards but there was no time; a hot date with my spunky hubby before before the start of the greatest sporting event in the world. I love July :-)

Sun: I was due to do my 2hr ride today but woke feeling really tired. Thankfully I have taken Monday off work as a bit of a "mental health" day. So I decided to get a bit more sleep this morning before a short run & push my ride over to Monday. So I headed out about 9.30am for my short run/walk shuffle with 3 x 8mins run in the middle. The cardio fitness is coming along; the left hip still doesn't quite want to play the game. Yet. 4.8k in total

MTD:
Swim - 2km
Bike - 70.7km

1 comment:

Samurai Running said...

Hey Jen

Thanks for dropping in the otherday. Good to hear from you.

Don't worry, you're ready!!!