Sunday, February 06, 2011

Decisions, decisions

A HUGE week in probably every other avenue of my life except for my training. I have done very little training this week due to a combination of other commitments & an intense need to sleep (despite the intense heat western Sydney has been experiencing this week). This week -

- the privatisation I have been working on for the last 22 months finally completed, bringing one job to an end;

- in connection with the privatisation, I started a new job;

- I launched my website, and effectively my business, after a few late nights trying to finalise the website; and

- attended a two day legal conference on Friday & Saturday.

I haven't really kept track of my training this week but I do recall going out for a 25mins walk/shuffle and going to my happy place, ie. the gym, not once but twice :-))

In other news today I withdrew from the Port Macquarie Half Ironman - sorry, 70.3 - race in May. My running is not where it needs to be at this point & I am not prepared to accept the risks associated with doing the race from where I am at this point. I am very comfortable with this decision - it is something I have been thinking about for some time - and I am looking forward to focusing on sprint & Olympic distance races for the next 12 months :-)

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good decision not to burn the candle at both ends. A 70.3 on minimal training would be no fun at all! Well done on the business and website - looks good.