Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'm still here!

So since my last post:

Mon 4/7: 30mins walk w/ a 6kg pack at 6am around the streets near home; the first time I've carried a pack since (link) Aconcagua I think way back in March 2008. Yikes! 2.7kmb

Tues 4/7: after work, an easy 20min recovery & regen session consisting of 15mins of SMR on my tight bits followed by 10mins of 3d movement largely with the VIPR. Felt sooooo much better afterwards!

Wed 6/7: a change of plans saw a hastily arranged visit to go up, down & around Parramatta Park at 7am for a 45min walk w/ my 6kg pack on a beautiful clear & only slightly windy morning. 4.3km

Mon 11/7: 2hr walk around the Glenbrook National Park from the gate down to Euroka & return with a couple of stair repeats thrown in for good measure. 10.4km

Wed 20/7: this week I started a 12 week coaching internship with Wild Women on Top, a group that focuses on adventure fitness for women who I have trained with on & off over the years. And what a way to kick it off – with a 2hr walk around the Bay with an 11kg pack in the pouring rain! Approx. 9km

Somewhere in all of that -

  • my contract role as a lawyer expired on Thursday 14th so I am now working on a full time basis building Sparta, my personal training business;
  • R had surgery on Friday 15th & spent 2 nights in hospital recovering from having 5 plates, 61 staples, 20 external stitches, gawd knows how many internal stitches & screws inserted into his face;
  • watched more stages of the TdF than I have in any year I have watched it (and what a year to do so); and
  • spent 2 nights 'nan-sitting' my 86 year old grandmother with advanced Parkinsons. Far from relaxing but it was nice to spend some time with her & be able to do something for her.

Hopefully things can start to settle in the next few weeks with a return to some routine!

MTD:
Walk/hiking: 26.4km

1 comment:

pepster said...

Hi Jen I don't expect you to remember me but I was looking at my old blog from about 5 years ago and was pleased to see you still kept up with your blogging. I've got a lot of reading to do. Hope you're well.