Sunday, April 15, 2012

Turning a page...

I was going to say that there had been no updates on the blog because I had nothing to report about. But that's not entirely true ~

  • enjoyed an overnight trip to Melbourne for the launch of witsup.com. Witsup is a new website for women in triathlon & I was really proud to be asked to be the strength & conditioning expert for it!
  • spent a night in Mudgee with Rommel & my folks. Cruisy & very relaxing night including a fabulous dinner & a scenic drive;
  • Easter was spent in Perth celebrating the wedding of Ben & Ellie. A beautiful, intimate & loving wedding; the love & bond they share is so evident. Lulu, Mr K, Lorna, Yvette, Sam & Rommel all travelled over for the wedding so it was wonderful to spend some time together.
The training is another story. Apart from walking a lap of the river with my parents (7.6km) & the odd mini-training session in the gym, it has been non-existent :o

Combine that with (shall we say) extremely relaxed eating over the last 6 months (not to mention any real training over the last 12 months) means that I am carrying 5-6kg more than I normally do. I'm probably the heaviest I have been in about 15 years time :o

So it's time to get my butt back into gear. To stop putting my work as a priority. To stop comfort eating as a way of dealing with stress associated with trying to get not 1 but 2 businesses (a) off the ground and (b) profitable. I feel like a hypocrite at the moment as I try to help client's with their weight loss goals while taking none of my own advice.

Time to get back to being me again.



1 comment:

Ewen said...

I follow this really good PT on Twitter who can help you with the weight loss... @spartajen is her handle ;-)