Monday, February 20, 2006

A date with Satan...

2 posts in 2 days - can you believe it? Nah, me neither ;-)

After putting one of my suit skirts on today, I've decided that it's time I pulled my finger out and get back on track. My exercise schedule and my food track has been off the rails since I abandoned my plan to run the CC Half back in November. Since then I've put on - wait for it - 4.5kgs! *she blushes with shame. Mind you, I was probably at my miniest at that point in time but still, it's time to tame my life of excess somewhat. So the goal right now is to lose 2.5kgs and get back to 58kgs.

Food intake today has been great - however tapas and sangria tomorrow night for a belated birthday dinner will be but a small speed hump on the road to a leaner, stronger and more athletic Jen_runs !

Activity: weights session with Satan
Time: 5.30pm
Duration: 30mins

I left the office at 5.15pm in order to get to the gym to see Satan. Unfortunately I had to go back :-)

I felt really tired in the office today. The lack of natural light in my office certainly didn't help. I didn't feel like going to the gym tonight but - of course - in the end I was glad that I did. A predominately lower body session with Satan tonight which included:
* squats with barbell;
* supine ball lowering something-or-other (laying on my back lowering and raising the swiss ball between my ankles - bloody hard work);
* a new ab/core/oblique exercise from Satan's bag of tricks involving a swiss ball;
* side leg raises for glute medius and adductors; and
* something else I can't remember now,
repeated twice. A tough session but I felt energised on leaving the gym !

Giving tonight's focus on my lower body, I skipped the 15mins on the elliptical machine tonight and will walk tomorrow morning (rather than run) in order to avoid upsetting The Problem Child. Looks like my next run/walk will be on Thursday morning - fingers crossed !

I've just watched Australian Story tonight which was on the Australian's womens road cycling team. What an remarkable & inspiring group of women

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Doesn't Sangria has fruit floating around in it doesn't it ... so it can't be too bad for you.

Glad to see you blogging regularly again Jen.

Hilda said...

Great to hear from you again.
The good part is that it sounds like you've enjoy a lot this days. Funny that this time is vanity who is taking you on the good way.
Fingers cross for wednesday!

2P said...

Speaking of remarkable and inspiring women.... good on you Jen :-)