Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sleep at long last...

Ha. Well this pretty much sums up my week. I started writing this on Wednesday - it's now Friday night & I'm finally getting around to finishing it. Work is feral at the moment & (as my boss acknowledged today) it's actually going to get worse over the next few weeks. Oh joy. Actually life is pretty good. I'm typing this at Cirque's place, having flown up to Brisbane this afternoon (Friday) (*waves). We have been catching up over a glass of vino or 3 for the last few hours.

As for the weekend's lil adventure, by Tuesday night the muscle soreness started to fade & the realisation (& associated confidence boost) started to kick in. Between an easy 30mins on the bike (L5 @ 85PRMs) trying to get the blood flowing through my legs again, 30mins spent stretching & (later in the day) a massage with Easy Tiger, I was feeling almost 100% again by Wednesday night.

Thursday morning, I had decided to do an easy 30mins around the oval. But given my usual oval isn't lit at night, I decided to get up at 5.30am and do an hour of work (end of month bills no less) before heading out for my run at 6.30am - yep, it's that busy at the moment. My run went well - I took it very slowly, doing 4.21kms in 30:02mins (aver pace 7.07mins/kms). My legs were still a bit heavy but I felt good & there were no sign of any niggles. Happy days.

I actually woke up on Thursday morning with a very sore collarbone/shoulder. I can't actually lie on my right hand side at the moment. Saint Andrew thinks that a few of my ribs are jammed (near the collarbone). Ouch is right. I could hardly lift my coffee with my right hand on Thursday morning. Tonight (Friday) it is still very tender. It might be a few days before it settles down which might impact on my ability to ride Clairie's bike while cheering at the GCM on Sunday but we shall see. At least I can still run :-)

Today (Friday) I flew up to Brisbane just after 4pm & am staying at Cirque's tonight. For someone who is away for 3 nights, I've packed running gear, cheering gear (including my nix & helmet!) , partying clothes & playing clothes. Never let it be said that I'm capable of travelling lightly ;-) I'm planning on heading out for an easy 30mins in the morning before we jump in the car and head down to the Gold Coast just before lunch. I'm really looking forward to Sunday - the pompoms & hooters are ready ;-)

My total for June is 80.75kms - a bit down on last month but hopefully I've recovered from W2G a little better than I did the Nosh.

4 comments:

2P said...

Enjoy your stay up with the banjos - give Cirque, Clairie and Tesso a big hug for me and an extra special one for GG given she is about to do her debut big m.

With ya's in spirit ;-)

Horrie said...

Have a great weekend Jen. Hope your cheering brings many PBs. Catch up with you at another race soon.

Carolyne said...

Fantastic news Jen! I'm so excited . . . I have only just caught up with your blog after a prolonged absence.

Aki and I will be having a girls weekend in Sydney over the City to Surf and will be staying at North Sydney Vibe, so maybe we can catch up then?

Congratulations and more hugs!

Don Juan said...

You're probably expecting some time off work to get to your wedding too; surely you can do a video-conference link. I'm sure the partners will hire a bonus plasma screen for the day.