Apologies for just spamming everyone using Bloglines :-)
Lulu asked yesterday about whether I carry ID when on a trail run in case I get bitten by a moving stick ;-) I've been taught by the master so I actually carry -
- drivers licence
- mobile
- triangular bandage
- roller/crepe/pressure bandage
- space blanket (small)
- glasses case with a second pair - either my sunnies or my normal glasses depending on what I'm wearing. If I fall & break a pair, I'll need a backup otherwise it would be a long & slow walk back to the car as I stop to check every stick to make sure its not a snake!
- toilet paper !
- maps (depending on which trail I'm running)
plus (of course) water & gels. Sounds like alot but it actually fits within 2 small ziplock bag & weighs almost nothing. In addition, I show my folks on the map the course that I'm planning to take & when to expect me back (ok, this should be in writing...smack....) & I SMS mum as I'm leaving the car & then again when I get back to it. What can I say - I'm such a girl scout ;-)
My hip is in need of some TLC this week so I've decided not to run at least until the Mastery of Megalong fat ass run on Sunday (at the earliest). Last weeks interval bike session didn't appear to aggravate it though I will talk to the experts before getting too stuck into the bike. Looks like its gunna be an easy week. 5 weeks & 4 sleeps to go - plenty of time ;-)
8 comments:
Good idea Jen to take it easy - don't want to undo all the hard work you've put in up to now.
And you are such a girl scout - but in a good way :-) Be prepared!
Same list as Rambo's.
You've got to get there. Take it easy.
That's a good list. With a pressure bandage you can last two hours or more (don't take it off once you put it on). Of course, it's better to have a couple of 'friends' running ahead to scare the moving sticks.
I just thought a camelbak and a powerbar was enough. I guess I don't run on trails much.
I should have known you would be carrying the essentials! I feel better now. Thanks.
Must carry some of that stuff myself one day ;-)
that's a lotta things to carry. What do you carry all that stuff in?
Ignore my previous comment, I hadn't read this post yet!
Post a Comment