Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Blogversary

Last night I realised that my blog celebrated (if it's even possible for a blog to celebrate) its second birthday earlier this month. I'd forgotten that I started my blog the day after my 30th birthday - doh, just gave away how many times I've celebrated my 21st birthday ;-)

There have been many times - particularly last year - when I came very close to abandoning my blog. But I'm so glad that I haven't. When I lose sight of the 'big picture' - that the journey is more important than the destination - reading my old posts never ceases to remind me of how far I've come & all that I have experienced (the good, the bad & the ugly) along the way. Over the last 2 years through my blog & CR, I have been lucky enough to meet people - or get to know people o/s through their blogs - who inspire me on a daily basis. I have adopted or been adopted by (I'm not sure which) a mentor who challenges me to challenge myself on a daily basis & without whom I would not be lining up for Six Foot next Saturday. I have also been blessed by friendships & deep bonds with people who I would not otherwise have met but for this wonderful sport & whose impact on my life can never be reduced to words. I have gone from running 20mins non-stop for the first time (in my very first post) to now being 10 sleeps away from my first marathon.

I've come along way baby - and my journey is really only just beginning…

12 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

10 sleeps. Wow... (how excitement!)

Lulu said...

You certainly have come a long way and you'll achieve lots more in the next year I'm sure. It's been a great privilege to have shared some of your journey with you. I'm quite glad I'm not sharing all of the next part with you but I'll be there in spirit and in person at the end... not to mention the Tiramisu that will be my finishing present to you.

miners said...

happy birthday fhgblog

Ewen said...

Well said Jen. Be extra careful in the last week... No 'CJs' or 'Sparkies'!! Looking forward to catching up with you at the Explorer's Tree, and then 45km later!

Ummm, that would be 11 celebrations of the 21st?

Horrie said...

Well done Jen. I think a lot of us get to the point where the blog is hard work and we need a break from it. But the benefits of keeping a record of your training and how you are coping with it gives you great insight into what works well and what doesn't. Yes you have come a long way and you will be running a long way in 8 days time. We will keep enjoying following your journey.

CJ said...

Not long to go now.....Take care over the next week and don't forget to carbo load! See you Saturday week.

blues buffett said...

Congrats on the 2 year blog.

VERY best luck next weekend.
I'm sure you're as pumped as Nat.

Look forward to reading the race report...

strewth said...

Wow - very very best of luck next weekend. I'm really looking forward to reading all about it. Take care, enjoy the day and the atmosphere. I'll be thinking of you and all those other amazing sixfooters on the day! I can't believe it's arrived so quickly!! Have a great week. x

Ellie80 said...

ah - time for me to resubscribe all my blogs on bloglines i reckon!! i just found this one :)

happy blog-i-versary dear - can't wait to see what comes next :) don't forget that it is ALWAYS choose your own adventure.

Hannah said...

WOOHOO! You go, Girlfriend... I wish I was coming to do six foot as well!
I know you'll do fabulously :) Can't wait to read the blog report!

PortRunr said...

Nooooooooooo...Ellie beat me to the blogiversary line :'(
Congratulations in any case!! :)
Have a wonderful time out on the track...you know how to hang in there when it gets tough, so you'll do well :) Wish I could be there...maybe next year!

2P said...

You sure have come a long way Jen - sadly bloglines hasn't come the whole 9 yards with you - just rediscovered your blog....

Top stuff mate = you are going to do fine (not that I would be one of those people who just say that) ;=)