Another 2 days - another ride, another run :-) Must say I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym & doing some weights. I feel like I'm turning to mush with all this cardio stuff...
Anyhoo, Monday was a rest day. Surprisingly I (including my butt) recovered well after my long ride on Sunday. Must have been the nana nap. No DOMS at all - was just a bit sleepy at work in the afternoon ;-)
Tuesday night saw another post-work run. I'm really enjoying running in the afternoon. Though I sometimes struggle to get out the door, despite the heat I always feel stronger in the afternoons. Perhaps it's just because I'm awake - when I run in the morning, I'm on the road & running with 15mins of my alarm going off!. I took the same (flat) loop as the last few runs, again walking the hills. Very pleased to say that there was little in the way of complaints from my piriformis - yippee! Finished with 8.05k in 50:55mins (aver 6:19min/k). I'll be reintroducing mini-hills (ok, inclines really) on Thursday - fingers crossed!
This morning and I was up before 5 to get back on the trainer. I had planned to do 60mins at 75-80% MHR - but in all honesty, it probably ended up being a 20min warm up with 40mins at 70%. I had nothing - my legs felt like lead so I changed down (or should that be up?) to a lower gear & increased the cadence to try & get my HR up without my legs dropping off. It kinda worked. Will just put it down as one of those days me thinks....
The plan for the rest of the week is another slightly longer run on Thursday, an interval session on the bike on Friday & then hopefully a 12-15k run followed by some time on the bike on Saturday. Not long until Six Foot now - right now I'm feeling confident & positive that all my snowball building, time on the bike & calculated decisions about when & how far to run without pissing off my piriformis will get me to the start line. It hasn't been the ideal preparation but that's life - and I'm not going to die wondering :-)
MTD: 56.59k
4 comments:
"It hasn't been the ideal preparation but that's life - and I'm not going to die wondering :-)"
I like that motto Jen
Being an afternoon runner, I'd agree it's the 'awake factor'.
The Saturday session should be good for your confidence Jen. Don't do too much in the way of hills if the piriformis doesn't like them. Just 'time on feet/butt' is the best thing now.
Never underestimate that fitness base mate.
{{{{{{{JEN}}}}}}}}}
Ahhh here you are!!! Bloglines missed your conversion!
Ideal preparation? No such thing - you can only ever do what you've done :-)
Nice work mate.
Post a Comment