Haha. Thanks to everyone for your faith in my abilities to swim, ride & run but I won't be combining those 3 activities...yet ;-)
Good Friday I headed out at the positively decadent hour of 9am for another short run. 26mins & 4.37kms later I had decided that I'm not running again until my trip. My ITB is certainly improving - the post-run discomfort is decreasing with each run - but not enough to justify the risk that it won't recover sufficiently before my trip & will cause me problems while I'm away.
Today I headed over to the pool mid-afternoon with the intention to 'suck it up princess' & get in the unheated, outdoor 50m pool. Fortunately or unfortunately (I haven't decided which) the 'big' pool has now closed for the winter so there was no choice but to swim in the indoor, heated 25m pool :-) Did 1.75k pretty comfortably, sans pull buoy this time. Every time I swim I think that I've gotta do a stroke correction class given that I last had a swimming lesson when I was about 8. Maybe later in the year...
Edit: yes, Flakey - although I've decided not to do the 10k at Canberra, I'm still coming down on Saturday with Go Girl for a weekend of cheering & socialising :-)
6 comments:
You'll have to take any physio 'toys' you have on your trip.
Looking forward to catching up next weekend. That's if you don't freeze to death in an unheated pool before then - brrrrr.
Oh the next weekend... wish Australia would be closer :-(
Looking forward to seeing the cavalcade of coolrunners at the canberra circus.
Hi
been reading your posts on other peoples bogs now for a while and visited your site yesterday and had a good read.
I was very impressed with your 6ft track report and effort and I will be back to see what else your up to.
I don't write to many from Sydney so it is interesting for me to see what a runner's life is like there.
I'm orginally fron Sydney, Manly, but I wasn't a real runner when I lived there.
All the best
Scott Brown
I was wondering how you were travelling down to Canberra. Now I know! Glad to hear you didn't freeze in an unheated pool!
Jen,
If you really want to improve your swimming, find a sqaud that does easier sessions and join it - you will find that the coach will give you enough pointers to improve.
But be warned - this is part of a slippery slope down into the murky world of triathlon. They almost sucked me in once. Just always remember - it's only cross training.
Cheers,
Ben
Post a Comment