Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ironman Australia 2008

I struggle to find the right words to describe my day. I don't think I can.

I have never felt more anxious, nervous or excited when cheering.

I have never felt more joy, nor more proud or emo for that matter, when cheering than at the precise moment that R emerged from the dark of night into the 'bright lights' of the finishing shute with 5mins to spare to achieve his goal of a sub-12 finish.

I've tried to write a post about my day several times but can't. Words, for once, fail me.


T1 in the pouring rain at 5.15am


Our reward for the rain; a double rainbow




Sunrise


And they are off!


As Nemo would say, "just keep swimming"...


A very happy Mango back in T1


What a spunk!
(C) Nealo


Mini Mango practising her cheerleading skills




Mini Mango in her "Team Mango" t-shirt with her mango ice cream!

Post race celebrations -


With Brother Mango


And most of the team..

13 comments:

undercover brother said...

saw on the CR thread that R broke 12hrs.
congrats!
looking forward to the photos.
ps sounds like youre getting into some good mountain form - hills/stairs and packs.
its all good!

Comm's said...

Jen,

can you send me a good email for you.

Thanks.

Hamburglar said...

great pics Jen

Superflake said...

Pictures! So much better than words. Great cheering Jen. See you in Canberra.

Bennyr said...

Beautiful.

Please pass on my congrals to R, and I'll do it myself on Sunday.

Cheers,
Ben

Spud said...

With a team like that how could you not have a good day!!
Awesome delighted for you guys.

Tesso said...

What fantastic pics! Makes me want to go ... and watch.

Love the Team Mango t-shirts :)

strewth said...

Awesome photos - love the t-shirts and fantastic time (less than 12 hours - woo hoo)- yay, what a perfect day. Mango is very lucky to have such a great supporting crew. Look forward to catching up on Sunday. Yay, Mango, you rule!!

TA and the Gnome said...

Takes me back... What a day! :-) :-)

Gnome

Ewen said...

Fantastic photos Jen. Looks like it was just the best day. Congrats to Mango, and the team!

Lulu said...

Congrats to Mango and his fab support crew. Hope to see you soon.

Luluxx

Samurai Running said...

Yes Jen, as everyone says those photos say it all. All muscles and white shinning teeth, great stuff.

Fe-lady said...

Congratulations to MAngo and his super fast finish! Everyone looks so happy! Great photos...the words will come.