Mon: you gotta love a public holiday! Does spending 3 hours trying to find a photographer for the wedding count as cross-training? Nah, I didn't think so. Luckily I dragged myself out for a 1.5k swim which actually felt much better than Saturdays effort (thankfully).
Tue: 3 x 5min run intervals (2min walk recovery) on the treadmill at work at lunch (10min walk w/u). All good :-)
Wed: another good strength + core session before work.
Thur: another Thursday, another reverse brick. 7.5min run (yippee!) followed by 20min bike (including 3 x 2min pickups). All good :-)
Fri: rest :-)
Sat: after finishing reading the paper (an essential part of my Saturday ritual), I headed off to the gym for my session - a 15min run (!!!!) followed by 1.4k swim which included 4 x 300m. The first rep sucked terribly; my lats were fatigued & I felt like I was just spinning my wheels in the water & going nowhere. But I gave myself a bit of an uppercut, sucked it up & eventually finished happy with the session.
Later in the afternoon, I took myself off to Fernwood at Penrith to listen to a talk by Emazon of Biggest Loser fame. An women with an amazing background & a particularly interesting take on training (both physically & mentally) -

Sun: headed out for a 2hr ride on the Greendale Rd loop & managed to get a flat tyre after 7mins. Thankfully I had my mechanic in tow ;-) I felt really flat for the first 50mins or so; no doubt dehydrated after drinking bugger all water during the last couple of days. R gave me the (easy) option of just doing an out & back along the Northern Rd but after a GU & some positive thoughts, my bike mysteriously turned off the Northern Rd & onto Greendale all by itself ;-) I find it a very hard loop with some short, sharp hills on an absolutely dead surface which reminds me that lactic acid is my friend.

It didn't kill me so I guess I'm a bit stronger for the experience. Finished in 2:14 (49.68km)
Looking forward to a slightly easier week & then heading up to the Hunter Valley next weekend :-)
MTD:
Swim: 5.1km
Run: 64.5mins :-)
Ride: 4hr 40mins
3 comments:
You're going well. Looks like more hills than 6' on that course!
There's no mechanics trailing around behind you in a race. Swat him off next time he tries to do the gentlemanly thing and do it yourself! :-)
thats Emazon?
i thought you had met pink for a minute.
thats a great training week!
Post a Comment