Sunday, June 07, 2009

Reversing

A good week of training :-D

Mon: easy 1km swim (as 2 x 500m) to ease myself back into it after last weekend's disruptions to my training.

Tue: headed to the gym at lunch; 10min bike w/u then 4 x 3min run intervals (60sec walk recovery) on the treadmill. It's a bit sad to think that 3mins is the longest I've run in 8 months now. Still, it's (much) better than nothing at all :-)

Wed: strength + core session before work.

Thur: a great session at lunch; I really enjoyed this 'reverse brick' - 10min walk on treadmill to w/u, then 1 x 5mins run followed by a solid 20min bike with a few one legged drills thrown in for good measure. Nice :-)

Fri: rest :-)

Sat: after work, I headed to Ripples for another 'reverse' session; this time an aquathon! First up was a 10min walk on the treadmill to warm up, then 2 x 5min runs on the treadmill. After a change & quick shower it was into the pool for a 1.2k swim. The swim was a real slog, but gosh I'm really enjoying running again :-)

Sun: it was raining when I woke this morning so rather than go riding in the rain I did a solid 2hr ride on the trainer in the garage while listening to podcasts. The time passed surprisingly quickly.

That's the first time I have run 3 times in a week since I had my fall & stuffed my ankle in September last year. Oh and its less than 5 months to go to the wedding now. Happy, happy days :-)

MTD:
Swim - 2.2km
Run - 27mins :-)
Ride - 2hr 20mins

1 comment:

Hamburglar said...

Good stuff Jen.

What podcasts are you listening to. I am looking around for some interesting stuff.