Sunday, May 31, 2009

Grooveless

A strange week. My training started off strongly but the lack of sleep in recent weeks has been catching up with me in recent days; I've had one day off work in the last 14 days :-(

Mon: 1.2km swim, as 3 x 400m. The first time since I got back in the pool I felt strong in the water & moving well :-)

Tue: the comeback continues: 10mins walk then 5 x 60sec run (with 90sec walk recovery) in a park by the water at Rhodes. A beautiful clear, warm autumn day. Nice!

Wed: strength + core session in the gym before work.

Thu: lunch today saw a 10mins walk then 5 x 2min run (with 2min walk recovery) on the beautiful Foreshore walk at Concord. So nice to be running again - yippee!

Saturday I was due to do a long ride but rolled over and went back to sleep when the alarm went off at 8am. I've had a 1hr afternoon sleep both days this weekend which is completely unheard of for me; I guess I needed it & that I am finally / slowly learning to listen to my body.

Tomorrow sees the start of a new month & the official start of my 'back to tri's' training program. It's going to be interesting to see how the training fits in my (already hectic) week. Hopefully I can also find my groove along the way.

1 comment:

undercover brother said...

nothing wrong with the nanna nap!
i think you should have an extra long lunch break at work today for working so hard lately.
or go home early.
your choice :)