Sunday, September 06, 2009

Eat my wings

Geez, the weeks are flying by at the moment. I can hardly believe that it's September already; this time last year I was on Kokoda :-)

Mon: 2.5k swim squad tonight. A really solid session; it was nice to be the fastest in the lane for once. Pity it was the slowest lane :-)

That session brought August to an end. My totals were swim 14.6km + bike 262.2km + run 5 mins. LOL

Tue: up early (yawn) for a 45min ride (steady state) on the trainer before work. Av.C87. 19k.

Wed: another solid strength session before work

Thur: up early (again) for a 60mins bike session including intervals & single leg drills. 25k. AvC91

Fri: rest

Sat & Sun: just for something new, a few months ago I signed up for a 2 day training weekend (which ran from 9am - 12pm both days) with Emazon of Biggest Loser fame. A couple of reasons for doing so, not the least being that I have never done any sort of fight or self-defence training before as well as wanting to train with & experience a variety of trainers. Oh, and it sounded like fun at the time ;-)

The sessions were on fight training & self defence, with a unique spin - the focus is really on teaching (in this case) women to defend themselves both physically & emotionally. A very confronting class - physically & mentally/emotionally - but one I got a heck of a lot out of. For example, I've discovered I have a mean straight right. And there is a quiet confidence that comes with knowing how to break someone's nose with your elbow :-)

I'm bruised & every fibre of my upper body is sore - but I feel exhilarated. It was fantastic!Having said that, I'm also rather thankful that tomorrow is the start of a recovery week :-)

Recovery week ahead including a trip to Qld to watch my uncle (aka Uncle Kel) compete in the ITU World Championships for the olympic distance triathlon - sooooooo exciting!

MTD:
Bike: 44k

2 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Be very careful Mango, be very careful... :-)

Mango said...

That's okay Gnome. She promised not to practice on me ;-)
Mango