The full weekend on the GC & early morning flight on Monday made this a long & tiring week. But, in all, a solid week of training which is really pleasing and by far my biggest week on the bike to date:
Mon: about 2.5km at swim squad tonight. Cr*p session. Guess I'm tired from the weekend & early flight today. Swam like a witch from Salem
Tue: up early again for steady state 45min ride on the trainer. Dead legs thanks to lots of kicking last night & a cadence sensor on the blink (it showed an av. cadence of 144 - I think not). 18.9k
Wed: exhausted this morning after another bad nights sleep (which is about 2 weeks worth now). Strength session before work. The punching bag in the gym had better watch out. Its going to get a work out next week :-)
Thur: still tired & looking forward to my first 'quiet' weekend in a month. 1:12 bike session before work with lots of intervals. Thinking about it later, I think I actually misread my program & was only supposed to do 62mins. Oh well, it's done. 28.7k. Av.C91
Fri: rest
Sat: my first sleep-in & sit-on-the-couch-in-my-PJs-reading-the-newspaper morning (my favourite Saturday morning ritual) in months. Dragged myself out the door with R at 10.45 to head to Ripples for a solid & pleasing 1.8km swim with lots of drills (thankfully with fins).
Sun: my first long ride in 4 weeks so Coach TA had thankfully given me a 90min ride rather than the usual 2hr. A rather solid ride out & back along the Northern Road. I am still cr*p on the hills - I seem to have perfected the art of going backwards uphill. C'est la vie. I felt like I crawled but it wasn't until I looked at the numbers tonight that I am pleased - not only was it an average speed of 25.2k/h (and my first time ever outdoors above 25k/h!!) but an increase from 22.9k/h the last time I did this ride!. Far. Out :-) 37.6k
In other news, I am currently contemplating the addition of a new member to the family.... :-)
MTD:
Swim: 5.7k
Bike: 144.3
1 comment:
oh you know you shouldnt tease like that.
do tell!
Post a Comment