Saturday, October 10, 2009

Onwards & upwards

First and most importantly I want to congratulate TigerAngel - my brilliant coach - on her fantastic result in her HIM debut at the Gold Coast last weekend. TA has got to be the most determined people I have ever met who continually inspires me to keep on 'keeping on' through all the injuries.

This has been a recovery week for me - thankfully. I lurve recovery weeks. I get a chance to get other 'stuff' done. In the case of this week, it was lots of sleep & lots of study for my Cert III, the assessment for which is in 2 weeks time!

Mon: easy 1.2k swim (consisting mainly of drills) about lunchtime on a public holiday after a sleep-in & lazy morning. Nice.

Tue: rest :-)

Wed: thanks to a cr*p nights sleep & a very unhappy hamstring (still), an easy-ish upper body + core strength session in the gym at work first thing this morning & a wedding dress fitting later in the day.

Thur: 45min bike session on the trainer this morning including 6 x 2min efforts & some single leg drills. 17.9k. Av.C88. Av.HR 124

Fri: another 1.2k swim after work & before Mum's baked dinner :-) I must be slightly mad - I lurve swimming with paddles :-)

Sat: due to a bit of a sleep-in & my folks coming over for morning tea, I had to do this session on the trainer in the garage rather than out on the road. 3rd week in a row I have done that. Over. It. Looking forward to getting out on the road next weekend. Anyhoo an easy 80mins ride past quickly thanks to lots of Kona-related podcasts. 34.2k. AvC90. 130HR

Sun: rest & full day prac session in a gym in the city for my Certificate III in Fitness course. Edit: so much for this being a rest day. As part of my prac course, and in a demonstration of exercising to target your lactic energy system, we did a 'Tabata' session of squats - 20sec on / 10sec off - for 4 mins with the goal of doing the maximum number of squats with perfect form in that time. Far. Out. Talk about jelly legs. Tomorrow nights swim squad could be interesting if we have lots of kick sets....

Less than 4 weeks to go now until the wedding. I had a dress fitting on Wed. Thankfully my dress fits over / around the lats I have developed thanks to all the swimming & weight training I've been doing in recent months. Phew! It's pretty much all organised now so nothing to do except relax & enjoy the build-up & associated excitement (particularly the arrival of my (baby) brother - who has never met R - from Canada in 2 weeks!).

MTD:
Swim - 4.1k
Bike - 121.8k

No comments: