Apologies in advance for the depressing post that follows. (With apologies to whatever 1950s chick who sang it), it's my blog & I'll rant if I want to.
A seriously $hit week at work. Stress levels are high, far too high. Work is feral; I feel almost sick to my stomach when I think about how much work I have on my plate at the moment....
Mon: rest. A strange combination of exhausted & energised after FILEX but in desperate need of sleep.
Tue: more rest (+ pilates). Nice way to start my 15 week training prgram leading into Yeppoon!
Wed: 2.5km swim before work. I really struggled to drag myself out of bed this morning & I felt like I was sinking for the first 20mins. But thankfully the energy level improved & I felt pretty good by the end of it. 40min pilates / mobilisers after work
Thu: 59min bike session on the wind trainer (including 3 x 8min at low cadence to simulate hill climbing). Oh so freaking cold in the garage at 5.30am... 23.1k
Fri: 45min pilates with Carly. I was supposed to do a strength session later in the day but she kicked my ar$e...
Sat: oh what a morning. I had a 3 hour long ride on the program which I didn't really feel like doing after a tiring week at work. Dragged my butt out of bed at 6am in order to meet some of the PIS girls for a ride at 7am. In my exhausted daze, I managed to:
(a) start applying deodorant instead of SportShield - though thankfully nowhere 'delicate',
(b) put R's leg warmers on without realising it - but couldn't work out why they were so damn tight ("gawd, surely I haven't put THAT much weight on"...) and
(c) made it 5mins down the ride on the bike before realising that I had forgotten to bring any bidons (drink bottles) with me. Argh...
Made it to the meeting point only 10mins late & then set off - at a cracking pace. The ride was along my usual 'stomping ground' (Northern Rd & Greendale) but physically it felt like pure hard work. Being with stronger cyclists (and being tired after a long week) probably didn't help but it got done. In fact I suspect it is also my second longest ride of all time. .... 78.76km. 3hr 14min Av. 24.2k/h
Sun: my version of a mid-week long ride. An easy 91min ride out & back along Castlereagh Road towards Richmond. Felt pretty flat but just kept the legs rolling over. 35.4k. Av.23.2k/h
Spent much of the weekend working. Is it possible to have Monday-itis on a Sunday?
MTD:
Swim - 2.5km
Bike - 137.2km
3 comments:
That is some good cycling training jen. And only week 1 as well.
I can sympathise Jen. Stress and long hours at work don't make for balanced life. I hope things calm down for you soon.
That was a great 78k ride - good kph. You're holding the training together pretty well.
Lesley Gore 1963. Produced by Quincy Jones. Too much work not enough run/swim/bike.
Post a Comment