For once, rather than the standard this-is-what-I-did-this-week post, I have news. But first, the boring stuff.
Mon: gotta love public holidays :-) R & I headed out around 7.30am for a long ride which included Chain O Ponds road (our equivalent to Matthew Flinders Drive in Port Mac) & Greendale (my usual training ground). COP really took it out of my legs & it was only until about 1:30 into the ride that I started to feel 'human' again. Thankfully I felt strong by the end of it though I am not-so-secretly hoping that there isn't too much kicking in tonight's swim squad. About 30mins of stretching, pilates & mobilisers afterwards. 2:38. 63.3k. Av. 23.9k/h
2.9km at swim squad in the evening including about 800m kicking on my rather tired legs.
Tue: 30mins pilates & mobilisers, otherwise rest.
Wed: nada. Planned to swim at lunch but spent most of the day in meetings instead :-(
Thu - Sun: I spent 4 days at FILEX - an annual fitness conference - at Darling Harbour. The irony of that was that I did no exercise for the same 4 days. But I did come back energised, excited, bouncing off the ceiling & a tad overwhelmed.
As they say 'when it rains, it pours'. So my news. Firstly, on Saturday morning I led my first outdoor group exercise program. I covered for a local PT who was away this weekend. The session went well - I think!
And in other news, I've entered the Half Ironman - sorry 70.3 - at Port Macquarie in May next year. I should highlight use of the word "I"; no team, no hired (gum) runners. Just me. Guess I'd better get the running thing sorted out soon...
Friday, of course, brought the month to an end: swim - 17.2km/ bike - 320.4km.
3 comments:
;) very exciting news indeed!
Wow! That's news. You'll get the running thing sorted - you had it down pretty well for 6' :) By the way, I like "Half Ironman" better than 70.3.
so how far is a half IM compared to an IM?
sorry stole that joke off CR.
you'll get there.
determination and persistence!!
and you have ample of both.
Post a Comment