Clearly I should check the date before I post. I had thought that last Sunday was the last day of May. Opps.
Mon: up at 5am to head to the gym for a run on the treadmill & a bit of pilates. Today's run was 3 x 7mins (for the first time) with a 2min walk recovery. As always a struggle though particularly this time as I was feeling rather fatigued through my glutes / legs after yesterday's long ride.
Then it was off to swim squad. I managed to leave my watch at home and, being somewhat unable to read the clock on the wall, had to resort to the time counting method used by young girls the world over; 1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi, 3-Mississippi... Probably my hardest, and best, swim session in a while. I seem to have found my mojo at the bottom of the pool. 3km.
So THAT brings May to an end with 15.4k in the pool.
Tues: Pilates, otherwise rest
Wed: up at 5am to get my swim (2.25km) in before work. I felt a bit flat in the water & fatigued in the shoulders. Not a bad swim; 'relatively' easy in that there was very little in the way of hard stuff (thankfully). Pilates in the PM
Thu: up at 5.15am again (ouch!) to get my 46min windtrainer session done before work. A solid session including 2 x 8min at AT (ouchy). Tired now. 17.3k Then at lunch I headed to the gym at work for a short strength/core session for some leg work on the bosu & cable machine.
Fri: 45mins of butt & shoulder blasting pilates with Carly. I was supposed to run but blah.
Sat: after the horrid weather on Friday, I was surprised to wake on Saturday to a clear blue sky. I may have been secretly hoping for more cr*p weather so I could go back to bed. But there was no way I was wasting such a beautiful day so I headed out on my long ride (4hrs), again by myself, about 7.30am.
This time I headed out along the Northern Road then home via the loop along Cobbity Rd. I have only done Cobbity starting from Luddenham (which is about 50mins ride from home), never actually starting at home. Cobbity is the hardest ride I've done locally yet. It's 110mins ride to get there. And then Cobitty itself is about 50mins of truly dead roads & 7 rolling hills which only get longer and harder the further you go. I felt reasonably good on the bike, even on the hilly bits, but was hit by fatigue once I got home. Legs felt very dead in the evening; even the tiramisu I had for dessert on my hot date didn't help! 4:12:44. 92.6k. Av. 22k/h
Sun: crawled into bed about 1am after staying up to watch Sam Stosur play in the final of the French Open. So it was almost (the decadent time of) 8.30am by the time I headed out for a 2 hour "mid-week" long ride. Again the weather forecasters got it wrong so I had the pleasure of another blue sky ride.
For a change of scenery, I headed out along Castlereagh Rd towards Richmond. This is a beautiful, yet challenging, ride with the mountains running parallel to the road. The road itself is basically flat with alternating patches of dead road to make you work hard & then (short) patches of nice road surface as a reward. A head wind on the return trip added to the work load, so much so that I ended up with a 10mins positive split - yikes! 2:10. 47.5k. Av. 21.9k/h. Then gained back every calorie I worked off this weekend at a wonderful lunch with great friends :-D
MTD:
Swim - 2.25k
Bike - 157.4k
1 comment:
So it was you that jinxed Sam Stoser!
8.30am isn't decadent. I'm running at 9.30 Saturday with Strewth... but then it's a tad cooler in the mornings down here.
Post a Comment