Sunday, August 29, 2010

Found: 1 x mojo

Another week sans-program meant a relatively cruisy week & somewhat different from my usual training week -

Mon: headed out early for a short walk / shuffle-run thingy. I'm trying to focus on maintaining my core position and on striking with more of my forefoot. Its exhausting! No swim squad tonight :-))

Tue: rest - if you can call getting up at 5am to study, rest

Wed: 60mins pilates with Carly. I've now joined the "athlete's (group) program" (LOL) rather than the one-on-one session I was previously doing. Only problem is that I need to be on the train at 6am :-0

Thu: headed to the gym this morning for a playout - aka a strength session. Not a hard session; just really a play with movement patterns and variations ahead of my Cert IV prac assessment in the coming weeks. Besides, the big burly bodybuilder dudes with NFI & very unbalanced bodies were hogging the squat rack :-(

Fri: headed out early for another short walk / shuffle-run thingy. Ugly.

Sat: went to the gym mid-afternoon for another playout ;-) Slightly harder session than on Thursday but still really just playing with movement patterns and exercise progressions & regressions. Perhaps a few too many squats though...

Sun: 2 weeks since the race and I haven't looked at my bike - until today. And what a lovely way to get back on the bike; a planned 2hr ride along the M7 bikepath with my fav training buddies :-) Relatively cruisy ride with some great views ;-) though the hills made me realise that I had left my legs in the gym yesterday. Lovely day to get back on the bike & start planning the season ahead. 1:41. 39.3km. 23.3k/h av.

Unfortunately this afternoon I feel like I'm coming down with a bit of a cold so I had a nana nap. I never nana nap. The training mojo must be back ;-)

Madam Cirquey, although I have accommodation booked, I haven't actually entered my next big adventure yet. Thanks for the reminder. Stay tuned....

MTD:
Swim: 12.7km
Bike: 258.1km

2 comments:

Dave said...

Those bloody mojo's, when you lose them they're hard to find!

Looking forward to hearing about the next big thing....

Cirque said...

I'm always tuned for the next installment!!!