Mon: no run & no sleep-in either. Up at 5.15am to study. I felt smashed all day; no doubt the fact that I worked almost all of the weekend didn't help.
Swim squad after work. Yet another hard swim. I didn't feel particularly comfortable; I felt like I was low in the water (ie, sinking). Bring on the wetsuit! (3.1km). And then I got home about 10.30pm and worked for 2 hours & slept for about 6hr. Yep, taper is going well.
Tue: easy 30mins spin on the bike on the trainer to turn the legs over. 9.6km
Wed: 45mins pilates with Carly in the morning
Thu: rest. I did have a swim on the program but work took priority. Interestingly I was completely comfortable with missing my final swim, no doubt because I was so exhausted from such a $hit week at work and at least in part because I knew that it wouldn't actually add to my fitness levels. I've come along way; in years past missing this session would have really messed with my head
Fri: rest. A day off work - yippee! - travelling to Yeppoon. The race up here is based at the Rydges resort. And when I say 'based', I mean based. Transition is set up in one of the gardens of the resort and the run leg goes straight through the centre of the resort, including over the bridge over the main swimming pool. I have been feeling a tad nervous prior to arriving now but now I am (surprisingly) relaxed. It's hard not to be relaxed here!

Sat: 10 hours of much needed sleep last night - yippee! Headed to breakfast, then lazed around our room for a while before heading out with another Panthers/PIS athlete for a little mini-ride (20mins) along part of the course. Then back to the room for more laziness before heading down to expo - which is situation a grand total of 65 steps from the entrance to our building - to register and shop. More laziness this afternoon before we heading downstairs to the carbo/pasta party tonight.
Thanks to everyone for your comments / emails / messages / SMS. I truly appreciate it! I am feeling really relaxed and ready :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment