Sunday, October 02, 2011

Bouncing back...

I have recovered suprisingly well from the 50km event. The bottom of my feet were tender on Sunday but that was about it. A few tight spots in my hips & calfs but no DOMs and no injuries - yippee! The only real issue has been the usual post-big event fatigue.

Sunday: rest

Monday: recovery & regeneration session; 15mins easy spin on the bike followed by 45mins of SMR & stretching (4.1km)
 
Tuesday: rest + 1.5hr massage (!)
 
Wednesday: easy 23mins walk/stroll around the hood (grand total of 2.1)km). Calves are a bit tight but otherwise the body feels good. Only problem with endurance events though - uber hungry!
 
Thursday: rest. Had planned an easy ride but after a solid 8 hours sleep feeling tired & run down

Friday: rest.

Saturday: after a leisurely morning reading the papers, I got on the bike in the garage (as the weather was less than ideal) for a 30min ride including 10 x 30sec of pickups (at >30k/h). 11km

Sunday: rest

Another easy week to make sure I'm fully recovered before getting into some solid training again.

My totals for September:
Bike:  26.4km
Hike:  147.4km

No comments: