Slowly but surely cranking up the training as Coastrek approaches - only 15 weeks to go. Yikes!
Monday
was a 1.2km swim. Relatively easy with a few moderate efforts. The swim fitness is slowly coming back so I have two speeds now, not just 1 :)
Tuesday was a big day though not because of any training I did (which was none). I met up with Keith Bateman (aka CR's Fossil) for a coffee & chat in Centennial Park. I interviewed him on SpartaPT and love his approach, and success, in changing running technique.
Then that evening I kicked off a 4 week core, flexibility & strength for triathletes program at a physio facility in Bronte as part of my plans for world domination :) Seriously the program is being conducted under the "Physio on Bronte" with myself as the trainer with the assistance of one of the physios named Mike. Exciting & slightly nerve wracking experience but it seemed to go well.
Friday I headed back to the gym for a strength session. I realised while I was there that it has been around 15 years since I first fell in love with strength training. I still *love* being in a gym :)
Saturday, my beloved dragged me out for a 90mins bike ride. Only my 3rd ride on the open road since I was hit by the car back in June :0 I'm glad he did; it was relatively pleasant outside and a nice ride away from the high traffic areas so I can get my confidence back. 32.9km
And then today, it was time to get back into the walking. The Panthers Tri Club had a race which R and Mini Mango were doing. So I left early and walked down to the Regatta Centre where the race was being held (approx. 7.8km), watched the race & then walked half the way home. So in total it was 13km walk in 2hrs 5mins but about 3.5 hours in total of time spent on my feet.
An even bigger week of training ahead I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment