Yet another strange & crazy week!
Not a great deal of training but I have found my long lost mojo!
Another hard bike session on Monday (50min/18.2km) and lots of taper ahead of Team Sparta's assault on the Nepean Triathlon yesterday.
Fliss (swim), Sonia (run) & I teamed up & entered several months ago. It turned out that none of us had done any training so we joking said we had entered the 'social' category - there for a fun time, not a fast one!.
And a fun day it was.
Last week I (slightly) regretted entering the race due to my lack of training. But this week excitement crept in. And now I am soooo glad I had. I had a really fun day with the girls & my mojo returned (somewhere between the bike leg & the refreshing dip in the lake with the girls to cool down afterwards!)
My bike leg really surprised me. I had estimated that my split would be around 1:15. Ultimately I came in (according to the bike computer) at 1:06:50 which included a negative split on the second lap.
Anyone who had read this blog for more than a week would know that I had done very little training; no more than 1 x windtrainer session each week for (only) the last 4 weeks. Given that I actually went about a minute faster than when I did the bike leg in a team 2 years ago - and had trained consistently - for that event. I'm not sure what that says more about - the type of windtrainer sessions I am doing this time around or the new bike ;)
Now that my mojo is back, and I have a couple of kilos to lose, I'm looking forward to getting back into the training again this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment