2005 has been a huge year for me - let's see I:
* turned 30 !
* spent 5 weeks travelling in South America;
* graduated from UTS with a Masters in Law;
* ran my first of what will be many City to Surfs;
* met an amazing and inspiring group of people, some of whom have quickly become my nearest and dearest friends; and
* become engaged !
So far as my running is concerned, I think the year can best be described as one of 'untapped potential' or maybe 'potential only glimpsed'. The first half of the year was dominated by shin splints; the second half by ITB problems - but in the middle was one magic day; the 2005 City to Surf - by far the highlight of my running year. Running - and finishing - it with my good friends Lulu, the Owl & Wobbly Man so comfortably after my lack of preparation and shin splint problems will stay with me always.
As for the year ahead, my primary goal is to become - and remain - injury free. I had planned to put my list of races for the year on my blog tomorrow but given that I'm still carrying an injury I've decided not to. Instead I will say that my main (running) goals for the year are:
* sub-85mins at the City to Surf
* to finish Willy to Billy smiling.
I would like to thank everyone for their encouragement, support & advice throughout the year. I can't say how much I truly appreciate it.
Wishing everyone a wonderful evening and all the best for 2006 !
10 comments:
That's a big year you've had Ms Jen and it's been great to have been part of it.. bring on C2S next year!
2006 will be an even bigger year with lots of running including the wedding day one with us!
Enjoy your NYE harbourside. I hope the fireworks carry your injuries to the moon where they won't bother you or anyone else any more!
It's been a big year Jen, but I have a feeling 2006 will be bigger and better for you. I'm really looking forward to being a part of it!
Yes you are in for a BIG 2006!!! My 2006 predictions for you are:
*injury free
*lots of happy running
*a wonderful wedding day
*plenty of CR support
*lots of fun
Have a great new year! 2006 will bring you great things and lots of joy!
Gosh, while you make a list it really does look like 2005 was huge!
Have a Happy New Year Jen. No doubt I'll see you in it :-)
Happy New Year Jen. Hope 2006 is the land of hope and dreams and plans fulfilled. Great to meet you this year and looks like we may be crossing paths more next year. Have a good one.
Happy new year Jen!!
It was a wonderful year, as I see many acomplishments!!
I wish you much more of all that along with fun, and happiness for you and yours.
Congratulations, and have a nice party!!
Happy New Year Jen. Have a fantastic "injury free" year and may all your dreams come true!
A great feature of a list like yours is seeing how little of it is because of what you do, and how much of it is because of who you are.
Here's to even more enjoyment in '06 :-)
sfG
Well done Jen, a great 2005 only to be exceeded by the potential of 2006!!
Willy to Billy, what a great race and plenty of time to prepare for it. It is certainly on my list and I will look forward to seeing that smile as you cross the line!
Congrats! It sounds like you did alot of amazing and wonderful things in 2005. Here's to an even better 2006.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I added yours to my regular read list! I must say I am SOOO envious of you warm weather down under. It sounds heavenly!
Post a Comment