Saturday, June 24, 2006

Guus for PM

What an busy, interesting & surprising week....

Tuesday saw the return of "Zen Jen" when I headed to the gym for my weekly Iyengar yoga class. Despite all that is going on at the moment both at work & personally, I didn't think I'd be able to turn my brain off during the class - but I did. That is, up until we were doing the splits (whatever they are called) - all I could think to myself was "don't tear a hammie, don't tear a hammie......" LOL.

Wednesday morning I pulled up much better after yesterday's yoga class than I did last week. Up at 5.15 for a run. It seems so long ago now I can hardly remember it. According to Garmin Elektra, it was 5.4km in 35:19mins - aver pace 6:32; MTD 51.26kms. I was really pleased with this run. My glutes, hammies & core were very fatigued after yesterday's yoga class, but there were no niggles. Happy days! Spent a delightful hour later in the day with Easy Tiger where he kindly suggested a race plan for me for Sunday. Let's just say if you see me crawl (literally) across the line and then lay there in foetal position, I've probably followed it ;-)

I've been "resting" since Wednesday but strangely, I don't feel v. rested. Work is mad (but I had a lovely reprieve from the madness on Friday when I had lunch with Go Girl *waves*) & I haven't had much sleep this week. Thursday night I had just over 4 hours sleep after crawling into bed about midnight and then being woken just after 4am by an SMS for Mr Jen_runs reminding me that the Socceroos match started in an hour (he was at the game) . Thanks dude. Anyhoo my latest big adventure is tomorrow. My right hip flexor is a bit wonky today & I haven't stretched in days (will go & remedy that now). But tomorrow I will have the company of an ultra runner& fellow blogger (stay tuned to find out who) and as Helen Kellar once said...

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing".

9 comments:

Tesso said...

Good luck tomorrow Jen!!!

Is it 2P keeping you company tomorrow?

Horrie said...

Jen, there is no need to worry. A nice steady race plan will see you get to the finish line in one piece.

Tesso said...

Ah, I know who it is, I just read a few more blogs :-)

PortRunr said...

Have a great run at WTG tomorrow...look forward to the report :)

Lulu said...

Good luck for tomorrow. Don't follow any race plan from Tiger...he's nuts!

Hope to see you sometime this week.
Love L xx

Katie said...

I second Lulu ;-) You have a ball and run how you feel comfortable. We should definately catch up! Lets harrass lulu :-)

Clairie said...

I'm dying to hear how you went today Jens......

any update yet?

Hope the hip flexor gets plenty of stretching this weekend. Don't want you to be all tight for the big run/ride next weekend.

Cirque said...

{{{{jen}}}}}

Wobbly man said...

Waiting for an update......