Monday, June 19, 2006

Let's get it on....

Tesso, the GU was called "Espresso Love". Such a great name - though I'm more a skim cap kind of gal ;-)

And yes, I crawled out of bed just before 2am to watch the soccer. Sat on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, freezing my butt off & then proceeded to spill my coffee all over the carpet. Oh dear. I did however sleep-in until (wait for it) 7am! That's a huge sleep-in for me. If I'm not exercising, I'm normally buying my coffee on my way into the office at that time of day. Nice. Shame I don't have an excuse to stay in bed tomorrow morning....

Work is crazy at the moment. All of my clients want all of their transactions finalised & arrangements in place before the end of the FY. My in-tray looks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa before the restoration work that's been carried out in recent years. Blah. Actually I take the blah back - I'm not really in a blah-ish mood after an interesting weekend...

I had planned to go for an easy run at lunch but worked through lunch instead so I headed to the gym tonight for an easy 25mins (6kms) on the stationary bike (L6 @ 90RPMs) followed by 30mins stretching. Yoga tomorrow.

I think my iPod needs a shake up before my next big adventure on Sunday. Any song recommendations or requests people? I'm going to be out there for a while ;-)

....no Wobbly Man, I'm not putting Postman Pat on it...

...and yes Kit, Dancing Queen is already on there ;-)

12 comments:

Wobbly man said...

Nessun dorma - Pavaroti
Shake a tail feather - Blues Bros
We are the champions - Queen
Postman Pat - BBC TV
Born to run – Bruce Springsteen
True colours - Cindi lauper

Hilda said...

I run with electronic music from albums called "TRANCE" which combine different authors of this type of music.
And include about a 10% of the best of pop music like, Dancing Queen :)

Clairie said...

Tesso sent me this fantastic song. I don't know who sings it and can't recall it's official title but it is great for running. For anything really.

Hopefully she will see this and email it to you. If Not I will when I am at my home PC.

Gronk said...

Best of luck for Sunday Jen, It's all downhill I hear. Must be easy then. ;-P

Dave said...

A few ideas :)
Run to the hills - Iron Maiden
Falling down the mountain - INXS
Back in black - AD/DC (in deference to your running uniform in the bio pic)
Flame trees - Cold Chisel (should be obvious)
and of course She'll be coming round the mountain!

Good to see someone else is busy at work too :)

Katie said...

I recommend all my Marathon songs!!! They worked a charm :-)
Oooh wobbly and I have similar taste! Good luck for Sunday!!

Tesso said...

Ha ha, I just saw Clairie's comment. The song is on its way :-)

And what about "I Will Survive", the version by Cake is pretty cool.

miners said...

you'll have to put jakamoko on it though ...

Hey, been meaning to ask for awhile (& I hope I haven't missed the explanation somewhere in the past), but what's with the "." blog title?

Gnscon said...

Well, all these comments have shown me that I won't get any music advice from you lot :)

Don Juan said...

Kisschasy and The Dandy Warhols from the current JJJ hottest 100.

Then 'Good vibrations' as a retro selection.

Don Juan said...

Kisschasy and The Dandy Warhols from the current JJJ hottest 100.

Then Beach Boys 'Good vibrations' as a retro selection.

CJ said...

Nutbush City Limits - Tina Turner
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cindy Lauper
Turn up the radio - Hoodoo Gurus
Pretty Vegas - INXS
Voodoo Child - Rogue Traders
My Sharona - The Knack