It’s a beautiful clear sunny winters day in Sydney & my house is freezing. The warmest place is my bed. Ah, don’t you just love public holidays!
If you can't run, ride I say. After yesterday's aborted LSD run, I decided to take my bike out for a spin today. I do have to thank Wobbly Man. I love cleats! After reading about his 'adventures' with his new bike - and cleats in particular - I decided it was about time I used mine. However unlike Wobbly Man, I didn't fall off today *yippee* (yes, I know I will eventually).
After a sleep-in and a lazy breakfast, I headed off to Centennial Park. The plan was to do 10 laps of the Park & basically to trash my legs after yesterday’s aborted LSD run. 37.5kms, 1hr 48mins & 10 laps later, my quads felt like jelly. Hehehe – love it! No ankle flexion (to protect my dodgy tib-ants) so my hammies had an easy day. Average speed of 20.8kms/hr. Given it is my first real session on the bike, I’m really pleased. My butt is also pleased to be off the bike – I need more padding on my arse I think…Any excuse to eat more ;-)
13 comments:
Glad I have provided a little inspiration JR! I'm also very envious that you have mastered the shoe cleats so easily.
well done you for getting out there.. now go and reward yourself with some butt fattening chocolate :)
hey jen - i've got plenty of ass padding i can lend you whenever you want - just give me a bit of notice :)
oooh commiserations on the sore butt Jen. I know exactly what you feel like. Every time I get on a bike my butt gets bruised...damn seats are made for men not women!!!
I guess that's why me and bikes dont gel...and yes I did try those gel seats.
I do love riding but there is no way I am going to spend the time in the saddle that serious riders do.
A good session and certainly makes up for the ommitting of the LSD. :)
Jen, tiger angel eventually (after 3 years) went to a *good* bike shop and got fitted for a new seat - reckons that made all the difference. Having said that, perservere with the current one for a few months (and keep the padding on the nicks, OK? :-0)
Gnome
Ouch!!! I bet it is even sorer tommorow! I am the same as Clairie... I really enjoy the bike but can not get used to the sore butt! glsd you enjoyed yourself, what a nice day for a ride!!
Great work Jen. 20.8k p/h seems so fast. I once got my bike up to 24k p/h going down a big hill and I thought I was flying, I was sooooo scared.
Nice speed and almost two hours? Great!! I will have to try my best next time, inspired by you!!
How nice to be able to develop that speed!!
Hi lovely. Sounds like you had an adventure at the great NOSH.
Hope the niggles settle down so you can do some training for the next big adventure. Say hi to everyone for me
xx
Hey Jen...you'll get a bit more comfy on the bike after a few more rides!
Sorry to hear the taper for WTG is involuntary, but NOSH should keep you in good stead to enjoy the day...hope the niggles clear up in the next few day for you.
Know what you mean about the cleats. It's been two months since I got mine. No crashes.......yet, but a few close calls. They say you always fall at least once. And the sore butt thing, well I'm still waiting for my butt to get used to it, but I swear it gets sorer now!
Hey Jen, great ride! At least you're wearing cleats - I haven't plucked up the courage yet!!
I'm sure you'll get a big arse with enough work.
From the TV pictures, Mr Jen_runs must be having a ball in Germany. Hope he gets back in time for the wedding. He'll be able to bring along some new drinking mates too.
Post a Comment