Thanks to the PG for checking up on me :-) I've just been feeling sick, tired & rundown this week...
Gronk asked about my "tib-ants" the other day. For anyone interested, this is what I'm referring to. It's primarily responsible (as I understand it) for dorsal flexion - flexing your foot (toes) up towards your body.
Friday morning I went to a breakfast where the speaker was Dr Fiona Wood. An incredible, passionate & inspiring woman.
Today (Sunday) in lieu of my long run, I spent 3 hours sitting on my windtrainer in my loungeroom at 65%-75% of my max HR for the first 2.5 hours, before increasing the workload up to 80% for the last 30mins. Distracted myself from my ever increasing sore butt by watching the first Pirates movie & then a DVD on the 99 TdF. Someone remind me to get a women's seat for my bike before doing that again...
Fingers crossed, the week ahead should look like this:
Mon: run (20mins easy on the oval) & upper body weights
Tues: rest (massage)
Wed: run
Thur: pilates & spin
Fri: run
Sat: yoga
Sun: run - hopefully if my tib-ants come to the party - 27kms at the Royal National Park with Nando, Rags, Go Girl, Owly et al...
10 comments:
3hrs on a wind trainer? My god - Johnny Depp must be distracting for you girls!
Three hours? Wooow! And still pushing up the last 30 minutes!
Cross fingers for you!! That run on Sunday sounds so much fun!
nice work jen - that is a huge effort! the long run sounds fab - i've only got a nice cruisy 90 mins so prob won't join you! have a nice day :)
Yay, I know Johnny would keep you company! I'll try and co-ordinate pilates with you.
Watching Johnny Depp its a wonder your HR wasn't 100% before you even started peddling.
Ha ha, I looked at your weekly plan and at first glance I thought Thursday said "pirates & spin" :-)
3 hours? 3 hours!! yikes!!!!!!
3 hours! Holy crap!
The only motivation I've got out on the road to finish a 3 hour ride would be that I have to get home somehow. No way, I couldn't do 3 hours in the loungeroom, too much temptation to stop!
The last time I sat on my windtrainer for 3 hours I was training for Ironman - what are you doing Jen?! Secret IM training? Hope you are feeling so much better - being sick is the pits.
I see ... is this 27km National Park jaunt the little bushwalk you lot have been talking about? Lordy, you don't do things by halves do you?
btw - get a ladies bike saddle
You must have generated enough wind energy to dry all the washing and lift the flat off the ground.
Good luck with the tibants.
Post a Comment