Thanks guys :-)
Wednesday 12 July - a date with L'alpe d'Huez...
AM: I have never not wanted to run as much as I did this morning. Long days, late nights & a stressful couple of weeks has left me feeling very tired at the moment. Crawling into bed at midnight after dinner & movies with my girlfriends did not help either. But a recent email from a friend came to mind & while I did think "damn W2B" at some point in time, I still dragged my tired arse out of bed. I'm glad I did. Finished with 9.2kms in 61mins (aver pace: 6:37mins/km) including 2 reps up & down Jen's Hill or L'alpe d'Huez as I decided to call it this morning. It felt like a carnival with the bootcamp group & cyclists I had to share "my" hill with this morning. I only had to ignore my hip for the last few minutes; otherwise no niggles. It was a stunning morning and so mild that I ended up taking off my long sleeve t-shirt off within about 10mins. First time I've ever run in July in a crop top. Bring on spring. I'm so sick of being cold.
PM - back to see Satan for a glute/hammies + upper body weights session with Satan at 7.30. She (thankfully) has decided to minimise the amount of work we do on my legs over the next few weeks as the mileage jumps ahead of W2B and FF. Lack of sleep & recent stresses were really starting to take their toll today. I probably didn't eat enough this afternoon which didn't help.
Thursday 13 July - rest
A bit of a sleep-in (I love it when 6am is considered a sleep-in) & a session with Saint Andrew after work but otherwise a rest day.
Friday 14 July - another sleep-in
I have been so bloody tired this week so on Wednesday night I decided to run to work this morning (as it would give me a bit more sleep). It turned out that I had an extra hours sleep & didn't end up leaving the house to head to work until 6.40am. Nice, not to mention much needed. I felt really flat & beaten up today but felt better as the session went on. The run to work is largely downhill with 3 short climbs. I finished with 8.45kms in 52:01mins (aver pace: 6:09min/km).
Massage later this afternoon with Easy Tiger to iron out a few issues in my lower legs. Still I've done more kms in the last 6 days than I ever have in a week so it's to be expected I suppose.
MTD: 56.05kms
Pilates class & long boozy lunch with clients tomorrow (yes, on a Saturday!) before my long run (21kms) run on Sunday
3 comments:
Despite being tired and busy you are doing greatly Jen!!
A long run on Sunday! How exciting, enjoy it and good luck!!
Sorry to see that things are tough for you on a personal level at the moment Jen. Keep chipping away at it matey. :)
I'm exhausted after just reading that lot! Keep up the momentum mate you are doing great!
Post a Comment