Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'd rather be a convict than a pom....

Hehehe

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes & concern. I am taking good care of myself - many moons ago I had a similiar viral thingy which floored me for 6 weeks & took me 3 months to recover so needless to say, i'm not particularly keen to go down that path again...

I've had a lovely few days. A great night on Friday at CR drinks. It was great to catch up with so many friends - and thanks to Owly for the company ;-) At some stage on Friday night I came up with the great idea of Owly & I heading over to meet the CRs doing the 5kms challenge for breakfast. It didn't seem like such a great idea when I crawled into bed at Owly's at 2am and even less when Owly & co came home an hour later...Still we somehow managed to drag our butt's out of bed in time so we (Chonky, Unc, Owly & myself) made it to the new cafe at the pool just as the challenge was finishing...perfect timing!

After 2 weeks of absolutely no exercise, I finally headed out for a run this morning. The plan was 30mins easy at LSD pace (6:30min/kms). It didn't seem particularly easy - in fact it felt like bloody hard work. Still, 4.59kms later & it's done - and I have nothing else to do today except lie on the couch watching the cricket - assuming there is a full days play ;-)

Hopefully with an easy week this week, I can get back into a full training workload next week. I've got plans....
Mon - weights with Satan
Tues - run (35mins)
Wed - Pilates
Thur - run (30mins)
Fri - Pilates & road trip !
Sat - rest
Sun - Central Coast 9kms race - judging by how I felt this morning, I'll be treating this as a training run & doing it at LSD pace..

9 comments:

Tesso said...

Sounds like Friday night was a ball. Saturday morning too :-)

Hope the cricket drags on so you get to slug it out on the couch all day.

Lulu said...

I'm glad I'm neither ;)

Great to see you on Friday and can't wait for the weekend. Should be fab fun!

Ewen said...

Looks like you might get a session of the cricket in the morning too.

The CC 9k as a training run sounds good. You don't need a hard race at this stage of the recovery.

The Governer said...

prisoner Jen, your parole has just been revoked! Hope you enjoyed the cricket and the aussies being neutered! enjoy the CC comeback.

undercover brother said...

i think you must've jinxed the aussies!
glad to hear you're recovering.

PortRunr said...

Hey Jen, good to hear you're on the mend.
The 9km sounds like a good plan to get you back on track...be great to catch you again next weekend :)

Gronk said...

Great to see your on the mend Jen.

I will be more glad to be a convict when we get the remaining 5 wickets today before the rain arrives !

See you Sunday. :)

miners said...

Hope CC all goes well (and that I get there). sensible race plan methinks :)

Anonymous said...

I love your post from Friday - how true. Glad to hear you are feeling better.