Thursday, November 30, 2006

Is nude really a colour ?

Wednesday, I headed to the gym for a GRC Pilates class at lunch. I'm glad I didn't do the Int/Adv class - I may not have noticed much of a decrease in strength during my session with Satan on Monday but I certainly did during this class. At least I know it will come back quickly :-))

This morning (Thursday) I headed out for an easy 30mins run this morning. Garmin Elektra suffered a mild stroke this morning & actually refused to turn on (& yes, she was fully charged) so I set out sans-watch. It was absolutely beautiful out there this morning - still & quite chilly actually. Despite taking a new route, I somehow managed to arrive home exactly on 6am as planned (mind you I did stop to ask someone the time at one stage…)

Despite a bit of a cough setting in over the last 48 hours, I felt soooo much better today. After Tuesday's run I was actually contemplating not doing the 9kms on Sunday. But today felt good. The spring hasn't quite returned to my step but I certainly didn't feel as flat as I did on Tuesday. According to gMaps it was about 4.9kms. I have no idea how long it took as I didn't check the time as I left the house.

Tomorrow (Friday) is going to be a big day. Up early (4.45am) to drive into the city and then another GRC Pilates class before work (!). A long client lunch (non-boozy for me 'cause I'm driving) then its the start of our next road trip. Ellie, Owly & I are heading up to The Entrance on Friday night for a weekend out of Sydney before the race on Sunday. Looking forward to a relaxing - and social - weekend !

Total for November - 43.87kms. I'm actually very pleased with that given I missed 14 days of training (due to sickness for once and not injury, LOL!)...

6 comments:

2P said...

Nice work Jen - enjoy CC.

BTW try holding down the mode and reset together - then press the power button and release all 3 together - it may take 15 or 20 seconds for Elektra to wake up.

Lulu said...

He's full of useful Garmin tips that 2P. Looking forward to seeing you at the weekend.

Tesso said...

Have a fun weekend. And good luck with the race.

miners said...

poor elktra - hope she's better for the weekend!

you and your teasing post titles ... You're just making sure people read them now aren't you ;)

Cirque said...

Have I missed something with the heading? Did you have another wardrobe malfunction? ;)

Hilda said...

Hi Jen, sorry for not being back to you sooner but I still need some concentration for my engish :S nd the lack of time didn´t let me do it.
Sorry to hear you were sick this days fortunately that doesn´t last for ever even when it seems like. The way back to the same strenght and fitness level takes some time to arrive, hope happens soon!