Friday, November 10, 2006

Locked & loaded

Well my leave has been approved and I booked & paid the deposit on my holiday to Mexico/Guatemala et al yesterday. Woohoo!!

Wednesday 8 November

Why is it that after 8 hours sleep I feel even more tired??

Headed to the gym for a GRC Pilates (Int/Adv) class at lunch today. Really tough class with a particular focus on glutes. Geez. It still hurts to sit down...

Thursday 9 November

I had an easy 30mins on the program for this morning & a date with Saint Andrew tonight (thankfully) so I combined the two.

Got up at 4.45am - left home just after 5am after eating some breakfast - arrived at Rozelle (where I park my car so I can make a quick getaway from the city & get to the Saint's office) just after 6am - and then ran to work: from the parking spot onto Victoria Road, then over the Anzac Bridge (my first time!), through Pyrmont, over Pyrmont Bridge, up King Street and around Hyde Park before arriving at the office. It was a nice - new - course for me which I enjoyed (despite the traffic & the hills). I felt pretty comfortable which was pleasing given it's a bit hillier than I am used to & I was running with my Camelbak for the first time in ages.

Garmin Elektra fell into a coma as I passed through the city so I have no idea exactly how far it was so I'll guess 4.5kms in 30mins.

Caught up with Ellie over lunch at the Lindt Café today (*waves*). One thing I miss about being out west is not seeing the girls as much as I would like. Ellie however seems to think that my mum isn't feeding me enough because she held me down & force fed me some chocolate hazelnut concoction ;-)

And yes Gronk. I think you are right - the mountain air - not to mention mum's cooking & lots of reading time (which is soul food for me) is really agreeing with me…and I haven't even hit the trails yet ! :-))))

MTD: 20.98kms

What is it about seeing men cry that floors me. My (baby) brother & his g/f are flying out this morning to start their new lives together in Canada & I've just said goodbye to them. There have been tears. My brother started it. I will miss him - we are a really close family. But I am happy & excited for him. I'm sure he will enjoy the minus 45 degree winters ;-) Hopefully we will be able to meet up in Mexico when I'm there in April or May…besides it's about time I was the centre of attention at home ;-) Hehehe.

9 comments:

Lulu said...

So much happening in your life. Very jealous of your CA trip. Perhaps I should try and sneak away with you.

Hope we can meet up soon. Maybe that evil Pilates class next week?

Martin said...

You have a brother in Canada....that's a reason for tears of joy! :)

Can I bunk down for a few weeks during the ski season?!

2P said...

Good to see the Camelbak get a workout and a tour of the city ;-)

Ellie80 said...

saying goodbye is sad!! i hate it. but as martin says - its a good excuse to go and visit! not to forget meeting up with him for spring break in cancun (and keep your hands off the 18 year olds).

miners said...

Yes, I'm sure ellie had to force it upon you (rolls eyes).

Hope you get lots of contact with your brother while he's away. Don't suppose there's much chance of making that trip overseas a round-ticket?

Ewen said...

The Anzac Bridge is quite a hill! A nice way to run into the city - sorry GE didn't like it.

undercover brother said...

mexico?
thats south of queensland isn't it? ;)
how exciting!
whats planned on the holiday?
what r u going to see?

CJ said...

How exciting - I'm in the process of arranging our passports for next year's Italian holiday.

Lindt cafe *sigh* - I have such fond memories of that place. One consolation - a very lovely work colleague felt sorry for me and bought Lindt balls yesterday :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

So Ellie held you down and force-fed you, eh? How come you get all the luck! :-)

Gnome