Tuesday, January 09, 2007

On with the show, this is it...

Firstly, to answer the question - no, I'm not planning to do the 12 hour event next year. Someone suggested to me that because I lap scored this year I HAD to do it next year. I'm sorry but that wasn't in the fine print when I signed up for the job ;-) Besides, it's a fantastic event which is only going to continue to grow so qualified & experienced lap scorers/crew will be in high demand :-)

I had an easy recovery run planned for Monday morning but decided that catching up on some sleep after the weekend was a much better idea. So I headed to the gym at lunch for a tough GRC Pilates class. For an ordinary class (ie not the Int/Adv class), it was tough. I don't think my abs have ever been sorer. Even my shoulders are sore - and they never get sore.

This morning (Tuesday) I had a FANTASTIC run. I headed out for 50mins first following my usual mid-week 'rural' loop around the 'hood before spending the last 15mins running up (well, walk/running) & down a couple of short sharp hills near home. I felt great today - really strong & comfortable. Finished with 8.06k in 50:30mins (aver 6.16min/k). Went to visit the Tiger at lunch - happy to report that there are no real trouble spots. My tib-posts are (still) tight but they aren't causing me any grief nor getting any worse - happy days :-)

Rest day tomorrow - alas, no sleep-in :-(

MTD: 63.98k

6 comments:

2P said...

Nice work Bugs ;-)

blues buffett said...

good work around 'Riff. Watch out for the pesky rabbits. Maybe they've trapped Nat. Or maybe she's caught inside the new house. It's starting to look B I G!

Ewen said...

Glad you're going well Jen.

Walking hills is great practise for 6'. No need to run down them though - very little useful downhill at 6'. Find the longest and steepest one you can (preferably with a loose gravel surface) :)

CJ said...

omg omg omg - Tesso told me the other day but until I actually read it in your blog I couldn't quite believe it!!! Well done jen on not only qualifying for SFT but also entering!!! Cool - we're both doing it! We will have to have a litle celebration when you come to Canberra!!!!!

Hilda said...

Great news with Tiger, keep up the good work!

Don Juan said...

I love reading Hilda's posts.

Have you seen Lost in Translation with Bill Murray?

Sorry, I've just been on the new CR chat and my brain is still in chat mode.

Good news with the itb
[leaves room]