Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The universe IS unfolding as it should

Back & biceps weights session at lunch in the gym today & I'll be back in there tomorrow (Wednesday) doing chest, shoulders & triceps.

Today I also booked myself a holiday in April (& yes, this departure is already confirmed) - a 25 day trip to Nepal including a 20 day trek! Woohooooo! This is something that I have wanted to do for probably 15+ years - not to mention a bloody great way to use (& build on) my Six Foot training and sets me up perfectly for a tilt at my running goals in the second half of the year. I'm excited :-))

Taking a break from running this week brings me to the end of January with a total of 160.43km! My biggest month ever! It's been a huge month physically & emotionally. I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster actually - some lows, fear, uncertainty & tears but also a lot of highs. Needless to say the Black Stump run on NYD will be one of my highlights of the year. I can't believe it was only a month ago that I qualified for Six Foot - it seems like a lifetime. How things (or more correctly, how perceptions) change!

18 comments:

miners said...

notice how life has a way of rewarding those most deserving :)

Superflake said...

Great month Jen. Biggest month ever and qualifying for the six foot. Excellent. Might see you Sunday. Unsure if I will do the fatass or run the other end.

Tesso said...

Congrats on the biggest month.

Nepal - noice :-) I hope you are in a group with some fast walkers.

PortRunr said...

Great month Jen, and great news on Nepal - that would be amazing to do!
Word on the street is that rollercoasters can be exciting ;)

Gronk said...

Now its Jen_Treks. Is there nothing this girl can do ?

CJ said...

Ok, attempt #3 to leave a comment! Trekking in Nepal is one of my dreams too and i'll do it one day. We want to hear lots of stories and see lots of photos!

Hope your training is going well.

CJ said...

Ok, attempt #3 to leave a comment! Trekking in Nepal is one of my dreams too and i'll do it one day. We want to hear lots of stories and see lots of photos!

Hope your training is going well.

CJ said...

Ok, attempt #3 to leave a comment! Trekking in Nepal is one of my dreams too and i'll do it one day. We want to hear lots of stories and see lots of photos!

Hope your training is going well.

2P said...

Congrats on the big month Jen.

Clairie said...

Wow, that is exciting news Jen - good for you for making the decision and getting away from it all.

A goal like that to look forward to makes all the hard long hours at work worthwhile, not to mention the training that will be done between now and then.

Best of luck with your upcoming assault on Six Foot!

Becky O said...

Wow, treking Nepal has always been number 1 on my holiday list along with the Inca trail. I'm very jealous!

Hilda said...

What a great way to start the year, with the biggest month ever. Sounds like there is much more coming :D

Do this new destiny means you've cancelled America?

Eagle said...

Nepal - spent time there in 1977 - it was pleasantthen and I am sure it has changed a lot but still very pleasant people and great views. I am sure you will enjoy every minute.

Ewen said...

You could invite Hilda to join you :)

When you hear the cheering crowd from far away, running down that last long hill, then turn the corner, sprint under the clock, and receive your '6' finisher's medal, that will be another highlight to remember.

Cirque said...

Well done lovey.
I'm so glad this trip has worked out for you!

Zodelicious said...

I am so glad to read that your training is going well and you are on track for the track!

Anonymous said...

That is exciting - of course this blogger buddy will be looking forward to the many many photos you will take and post?

Don Juan said...

Nepal is great.
Look after yourself this month and then it's all downhill to 6'.