Day 1 of my Six Foot campaign & it's off to a slow start - still, better a slow start than none at all! I submitted my entry last night - a copy of the course profile is now stuck on my wall in my office both at work & home & in consultation with a friend, I have developed a plan. It's 9 weeks on Saturday until the race so my focus is on spending time on my feet (not covering specific distances) during my long runs. The plan also includes 3 trips up to various parts of the Track - stay tuned :-)
I need to do my long run on Saturday this weekend - leaving only 5 days between long runs - so this morning I thought I'd let my body decide how far & how fast it wanted to go.
Not very was the answer.
I just couldn't get out of first gear. Hardly surprising I suppose given I've never been on my feet for 5 hours before. So I (somewhat) cruised around the 'hood for 5kms before heading home. Finished with 5.13k in 32.59mins (aver 6.25min/k).
I'm feeling pretty tired today - I haven't slept well for the last few days - but the old bod is feeling good & I'm looking forward to getting back into my normal routine next week.
WTD: 38.32k
MTD: 38.32k
10 comments:
Good to hear the campaign is off and running!
The "time on your feet" thing is so important. I remember super duper ultra runner Siri telling me that in the lead up to Caboolture last year. She said it doesn't have to be all running, maybe a long run then a bike ride or a walk, then a swim ... not that swimming is done on your feet :-)
Lift off is a good start :)
One good day out would be a run/walk from Megalong Valley Rd to Cox's, then to the top of Mini Mini saddle and return - about 22k all up and maybe 3 to 4 hours.
A walk down the steps at the start to the bottom is also useful - 2k and 30 minutes or so down :)
How exciting to hear about this training!!
What is not nice is this type of coincidences :O
Still if you are going to travel during a whole month around Mexico I will have to find the way to catch you. Chances like this doesn't happen that often. I'd love to see you in 3rd dimension!
Not a slow start at all - 1st gear the Thursday after a major outing is about right.
Well done mate ;-)
Not a slow start at all - 1st gear the Thursday after a major outing is about right.
Well done mate ;-)
Excellent news, and it's ideal for you to be doing the track this year seeing as you're living so close to the course at the moment!
Congrats on last weekend's run and good on you for sending in your entry. You are making me excited about my first sixfoot as well!
Sounds like clever planning kinder, just keep up recovery so you can keep on those feet!
I'm really looking forward to following your prep for six foot!
Bring it on!
O
congrats!
what no map/course profile in the loo? ;)
Holy sh!t Jen !
I've been away for a while and now find that your Fat Ass has got you running 6Foot in 9 weeks !
Firstly, well done on Quarry Road and double well done for the Black Stump feat.
Secondly, I hope that it all falls into place for you over the next 2 months and that 6F is everything you imagine.
Post a Comment