Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wise words

I was cleaning out my 2006 diary today & discovered this quote which I'd written onto a post-it note & stuck in the back of my diary - it seems rather appropriate right now-

The finish line is not the end. The finish line is the beginning. Standing at the starting line gives you permission to hope. Taking the time to train, putting in the mileage, making changes in your life and taking the risks has given you consent to hope for the best in yourself.

The miracle is not that you finished, but that you had the courage to start.


I am excited but also (excuse the language) absolutely shit scared by the prospect of running Six Foot in 65 days time. But I have qualified & Horrie's wise words keep coming back to me-

Don’t let fear hold you back.

So I won't.

I'm in. Bring. It. On. :-)

As the late Big Kev would have said, I'm excited!

9 comments:

Superflake said...

Is it only 65 days? Argh, now I'm scared. I havn't done my 60ks on the road training run yet.Must get cracking.

Ellie80 said...

rock'n'roll!! we'd better book some accomodation...

Hilda said...

How to avoid it, that is so exciting!
Yes you will do it fine, you've already prove how strong you are.
Now what the training plan? I'm curious!

Horrie said...

You have shown tremendous courage to enter. Once you get to the start line, everything will take care of itself, just like it did on Monday. The key is to stay relaxed.

Lulu said...

Yay, go for it!

PortRunr said...

Wow Jen, what an amazing run on Sunday! Great way to start what I hope will be a wonderful year ahead for you.
Congratulations on the run, the qualification and deciding to run 6 foot. Now go hit those trails!! :)

Becky O said...

Congrats Jen on a great run at Black Stump. How exciting, you're about to take on 6 foot!! Good luck with all the training in the next 2 months.

Hopefully, I might see you there :)

2P said...

Lol - I'm excited for you mate :-)

Shane said...

Wow, I just read your report on the Black Stump NYD run. Awesome effort, you should be very proud of yourself.

The good thing about qualifying for 6ft is that you never have to qualify again, but it is good to hear that you are going for it, straight up.

Look fwd to reading about your plans and progress.