Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mission accomplished - Six Foot Track 2007

I have had such an amazing weekend and I'm not just referring to the race. I spent the weekend in a beautiful part of the world with some of my favourite people without whose faith, support, love & encouragement I would not have achieved a goal I set for myself 15 months ago.

I haven't had much time to myself this weekend to begin to digest yesterday's events - finishing my first Six Foot Track marathon (not to mention my first ultra!) in 6:50:06. I think a few photos can tell the story better than I can right now - full race report to follow soon.


Sneaking in the front to get a photo under the start banner...


Where's Jen? Can you tell I was a bit happy to be there?


Owly ran behind me singing "she'll be running down the mountain when she comes" while filling me in on Fats' amazing race over the last couple of hundred metres...


Mission accomplished!

27 comments:

Hamburglar said...

Jen,

It seems you put together a really smart race plan to get you home in time. A big congratulations to you for getting the job done.

Cheers!

Bennyr said...

Oh Wow, Jen!

I'm just so immensely happy for you. That was an incredibly smart and gutsy effort. Well done.

Truly inspiring.

strewth said...

Your smile says it all! I wish I could have been there to cheer you in. The photos are awesome! Very big congratulations - you are an inspiration! Woo hoo hoo - well done!! i am just so happy for you. You must be over the moon. x

Dave said...

Absolute extraordinary and gob smacking effort Jen. I could ramble but I have done that elsewhere. Can't wait to hear of your next goal! In the meantime I'll strive to try and lift my game :)

Zodelicious said...

Jen! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Enjoy the aftermath of a great achievement. The photos are fantastic but I am still hanging out to hear the details. Don't make us wait too long.

Ewen said...

Good on you Jen! Fantastic effort. Your pacing was perfect - so controlled. I'm impressed. You could get a job as the 7-hour sweep, but I know next year you'll be back with an injury free preparation to finish in well under six.

Great photos - you should be happy and proud.

Don Juan said...

Congratulations.

This made my day.

Tesso said...

Jen, I am so in awe of what you achieved. Huge congrats.

I can't wait to read your report but it sounds as if you had the perfect run.

Enjoy your recovery. Hope you were able to sneak in a little celebration.

Gronk said...

Top one Jen. There was 700 odd people out of 20 million thrashing themselves up and down the Great Dividing Range yesterday. You were one of them. That's pretty cool. :)

plu said...

Hi Jen,

Congratulations again. Looking at your splits I am really keen to see how you were physically and mentally since you we so close to the cuts off in all the stages of the race.

I hope this comes out in the report.

Surely this is one to treasure.

cheers PLu

Rags said...

Still smiling?...reckon you are.

Superb effort Jen on a very well executed plan, what's next?

:-)

undercover brother said...

what a fantastic effort!
mustve been a great feeling to finish despite all your injury issues.
makes all the pain and effort worthwhile hey!
will be interested to read the report and hear whats next.

Mouse_and_NTR said...

Well done Jen!! What an amazing achievement, I am totally inspired by you!

Ellie80 said...

:) still don't quite know what to say - just congrats and I bloody knew it and you deserve it and I hope that by now you can really truly appreciate what a determined, smart and strong chick you are.

2P said...

Bravo Jen - your execution was flawless, your courage undaunted and the result was simply brilliant.

Well done mate ;-)

Becky O said...

Well done Jen, it was absolutely great watching you coming down through the finishing shute.

Congratulations and you should be so proud of yourself.

Unknown said...

Nice photos! ;-)

She'll be running round the mountain when Jen_runs!

Kate said...

Woohoo! Good work!

miners said...

just truly too cool for school :)

Spud said...

Who'd have thought on that morning back in January at Quarry Rd, the seed was sown and now look at ya, champion in my books, awesome. :)

David Criniti said...

As Plu alluded to, it was a down-to-the wire sort of run. Especially so considering you didn't know the track - add to that the fact your longest run was the New Years' Day Fatass effort, throw in a few injuries and it certainly has good story value!

Congratulations on a great achievement.

Unc

blues buffett said...

Great effort Jen. Veni Vidi Vici.

What's the next challenge????

CJ said...

Hope the recovery is coming along noicely! You did well girl - I am so proud and really happy for you! And I'm so glad that I managed to see you after the run and give you that well deserved hug - you're a legend!

So I'll see you at the start line next year?!

PortRunr said...

"First with the head and then with the heart" hey?! Sounds like you followed your plan to perfection :)))
That's just such a wonderful achievement Jen. I was so happy to hear you overcame all the obstacles that have presented themselves and met your 6 Foot goal.
Hope you're enjoying a well earnt break and look forward to seeing you soon :)

TA and the Gnome said...

Jen, I still sit here glad that our fears were squashed. It was such a happy sight to see you come down those stairs.

Let's ask now for more training and less niggles :-). Big hug.

TA

Horrie said...

Congratulations on an awesome result Jen. I knew once you entered, you would finish under 7 hours. After following your injury plagued campaign, I didn't know how you were going to do it but I knew your will would get you there. A very inspirational story and one that you will remember for the rest of your life.

Rags said...

That must have been very satisfying Jen...a fine run and well executed plan.

Who will be playing you in the movie?