Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Preparing to launch

The rollercoaster continues. Monday I think the realisation that I was absolutely, most definitely starting Six Foot started to sink in & I was very nervous all day. Let's just say it was not my most productive day at work. Tuesday, I was just a wee bit less nervous. Today, I am feeling cool, calm, collected, centred & ready - at least until I start reading all the threads on CR & then I get nervous. Gawd knows what emotion tomorrow will bring. Thankfully I've got Friday off work to sleep in & relax a little.

Anyhoo back to the week. After Ellie's birthday dinner on Monday night, I was homeless so thankfully Lulu & WTR took pity on me & took me home with them to their lovely abode (thanks!). This meant that Lulu & I were able to go for a run together on Tuesday morning. It's been far too long since we last ran together - during 9k at the Blackmores Festival in September I think! We left Lulu's house at the decadent hour of 6.15am (at which time I'd normally be getting in my post-run shower at Penriff) for a lap & a bit of Centennial Park. What a lovely way to start the day - a run before daylight with wonderful company. Thanks L! I was a wee bit flat during the run but woke up feeling extremely hungry so perhaps I didn't eat enough at dinner the night before. Accordingly to Garmin Elektra, we finished with 6.7k in 43:28min (aver 6.29min/k).

MTD: 21.7k

So that's it. No more running for me before Saturday. I had kinda sorta pencilled in a mini-run on Thursday morning but I now have a final tune-up visit to Saint Andrew planned for Thursday afternoon which means I have a 25mins walk to the station to do instead. Carb loading started today & I'm sick of water already!

I'm off to organise my gear for the weekend. The only thing I'm undecided on is which of 3 tops to wear. They are all red (of course) - my shoes are red too - so colour won't be a consideration ;-) Think I'll just pack all 3 & decide the night before. Typical female I know!

3 sleeps to go now - as Kit would say, I'm Big Kev excited now :-)

Bring. It. On. I'm ready :-)

14 comments:

plu said...

Yep it is all happening now. Quite a remarkable event.

Plu

Hamburglar said...

Good luck for sat Jen.

TA and the Gnome said...

Excited seems like a good way to be! When you're struggling along Black Range, just remember to remind yourself - *This* is where I've wanted to be for months, and *now* is the time to enjoy it.

Don't stop to chat up too many Firies :-)

Gnome

Fe-lady said...

Hi Jen!
Go to http://www.xterraplanet.com and see if there are any races in your area...there should be!
Enjoy your run!

Bennyr said...

Hi Jen,

My thoughts will be with you on Saturday. All the best in this mammoth event. I'll be eagerly reading reports as I prepare for my half on the Sunday.

Cheers,
Ben

Tesso said...

Gosh, just two sleeps now. In one way its hard to believe you've come this far, but in another its no surprise.

Enjoy your rest day. Have a real bludge. Try to spend as little time as possible on your feet. Don't walk around barefoot, you don't want to be accidentally standing on anything that might hurt your feet.

Hope you can blog how you are feeling on Friday. It will be interesting for us but also good for you to look back on.

2P said...

Green fields, white bunnies.

:-)

Ellie80 said...

i'm so excited for you chicken. drink. eat. all that. take it easy. sleep. i feel like a mother hen clucking around - even though there is nothing I can do! i'll be there at the end though!!!!

xxxxx

CJ said...

Good luck to you too! I hope to see you on the day - if not before, it will definitley be after!

I've been getting butterflies too - think it hit me Tuesday!

Horrie said...

It's hard to believe it is only 2 sleeps away Jen. Try and get a good night's sleep tonight because you probably won't get much tomorrow night. See you at the tree on Saturday.

undercover brother said...

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ewen said...

It'll be a walk in the park for you Jen! A veeeeeery long walk in the park.

See you tomorrow for tea and damper. Exciting eh?!!

Cirque said...

Try and have a calm day Jen. See you soon!

Spud said...

Have a great run and most importantly enjoy the experience. See you up there Jen.
Woohoo!