Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ultra violet

Thanks Owly :-)

A lovely relaxing weekend - exactly what I need given that I'm away 2 of the next 3 weekends before flying out for Nepal in 23 sleeps :-)

Saturday afternoon I headed out for another 20mins run to stretch out the ITB. It is improving, albeit slowly. It was alot less 'apparent' during this run &, more encouragingly, has been much happier today than it was the day after my last run. I was pretty pleased that I only had a short run on the cards - not only was it extremely humid but in that short time, I saw not 1 but 3 different P-plate drivers skid around corners (probably deliberately) on the slippery road conditions. Idiots.

MTD: 73.14k

Anyhoo today after a lovely breakfast I headed off for a swim. Yes, you read that correctly - I went for a swim. Swimming is my exercise of last resort when I can't run or ride. I don't know why - I actually enjoy it. During January last year I swam something like 16kms in an effort to stay fit when I couldn't run thanks to my ITB & I haven't been in a pool since! So I was somewhat surprised to swim 1,500m pretty comfortably - mind you it was with the assistance of a 25m pool & a pull buoy to make sure I didn't aggravate my knee. I had planned to do a 1km but felt pretty good so I kept going. It was pretty slow - about 30mins I think. But hey, it's done :-)

11 comments:

Hamburglar said...

Looks like some pretty big goals down the right side of that page Jen. No one can say you don't set stretch goals.

Superflake said...

A redhead with glasses driving a mercedes. Oh well, not you then. I've got no idea now.

Tesso said...

Good on you for keeping active Jen. Are you allowed to water run?

Lulu said...

Glad to hear the itb is beginning to improve and you can still swim :)

Zodelicious said...

She runs, she rides, she swims. You know what adds up to? :)
Hoping to meet you this some time this weekend Jen.

undercover brother said...

i'm sure the nepal trip will cure the PSFS!
nice photo from 6 foot.

undercover brother said...

hey how did i miss your goal races list???
GH 100km in september? - good sh!t.

miners said...

keep taking it easy on that knee miss. Keep reminding yourself of how much you enjoy swimming (it's something I have to do for myself too).

oh, and keep some space in your tum for another ice cream on Saturday. We may get to see another marriage proposal!

Rags said...

Go Jen, 1500 first up in the pool after 12 months...how????
Lots of hard work but no doubt you will achieve all your goals.
ITB no problem on the long walk in the Himalayas
QUADS hmmm, a different story - come midday days 5-11-14-17 they will demand a divorce ;-)

Hilda said...

Great you can enjoy to swim, for a moment I remembered when this place was Jen swims :D

You dream trip is so close, how exciting.

I keep thinking of your photos on SFT, I don't think there was someone as happy as you after almost 7 hours, incredible!

Now you can find me at:
http://wanttorunmore.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

I'm so looking forward to doing some GH runs with you!

Enjoy your recovery time - it took me an entire month to even get close to feeling 100% after the GCM and the 50km....

Good work with the swimming!