Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back by popular request....

Welcome home David Hicks.

And a few more photos -


The stupa at Bodhnath (Boudha) in Kathmandu, one of the world's largest. It is believed that the first stupa built on the site was built around 600AD.


Lukla airport. Someone described landing at Lukla as 'thrilling'. They weren't kidding.


At Everest Base Camp


The view from my tent after an afternoon snow fall at Monjo (el.2835m)


The view from the tent the next morning after the weather cleared..


The Gokyo valley from Gokyo Ri (el. 5360m)


Chomolungma - Everest - from Gokyo Ri (el. 5360m)


Cho Oyo (the 8th highest mountain in the world) looking down over the Ngozumpa glacier.


On the Cho La pass (el.5420m), looking down the valley to Ama Dadlam. Our next campsite is the orange dot in the centre of the valley.


Another view from the tent, this time at Dzongla (el.4830).

And yes Tess, I have plans to get a little higher than Base Camp :-)

15 comments:

strewth said...

Wow Jen - your photography is mind blowing! I'm going to send your blog link to my sister in NZ as she loves the Nepalese people and has trekked in Nepal many times. I know she will enjoy reading about your trip and your photos are just stunning. It's lovely to have you safely "home".

Anonymous said...

Wow. What beautiful photos. I can't even imagine such a trip. I'm interested in hearing more about this trip, Jen!

2P said...

Love your work Jen fantastic pics.

Hamburglar said...

Jen, just catching up on your blog - fantastic trip - just fantastic. I spent 6 months in India a while back and your photos brought back some great memories. How good is the great outdoors!Just magic! I have really got to do a trip like that. Awesome!

strewth said...

Jen, I don't have your email address but my email addresses are: triruth52@hotmail.com (home) ruthb@employmentact.asn.au (work)
Would love to see those extra photos!

Shane said...

Great photos jen, I certainly wouldn't be getting on any plane if I had to land on that runway. Jeez that would freak me out :-)

Tesso said...

Ha - I knew it!!! I would've put money on it :-)

Those pics are just incredible. Just amazing.

undercover brother said...

ok race u to the top.
wouldnt it be nice to be the first coolrunner on the summit!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.

omega massage chairs

Anonymous said...

More please..... :-)
Skizzik

Spud said...

Mind blowing photos!

Lulu said...

Good to have you back in one piece. Some really fantastic photos there and lots of fabulous memories too.
Hope to see you soon.

Ewen said...

What?! How much higher?

Great photos Jen (even the scary airport). Can't get too many of these.

Rachel said...

Stunning photos!

Hilda said...

Looks like you were in heaven!
Hope we can here more about the details that had made your life change.
Amazing.
Write more details, please :o)