Monday, July 09, 2007

Choc mud scones :-)

One of my many discoveries from the weekend.... ;-)

No Owly. Unfortunately the pinching in my hip didn't subside over the weekend so I had a very relaxing weekend, lounging around doing bugger all (except eating & drinking). Exactly what I needed after a few busy weeks.

I went to the physio this afternoon to go through the results of my biomechanical assessment. Ai ai ai. I have come away with a stack of glute, quad, hammy & abs strengthening exercises to do on a daily basis as well as a new running style which I need to practice on the treadmill at the gym. I basically need to focus on keeping my butt tucked in/under & is (surprisingly) bloody hard work right now. Of course I feel terribly unco. Still I have changed my running style before, I can do it again :-) Thankfully he didn't think it was necessary to back off the training at this stage so I still have my eye on W2B.

Another busy week ahead - I am itching to ride or run but think I will have to settle for working on my soon-to-be glutes/quads of steel & a few upper body weights session. At least the weather will warm up soon :-)

7 comments:

miners said...

yes, get that butt back under control girl ;)

just when is this weather supposed to warm up by the way?

Lulu said...

We'll be all the better for all this glute and ab work.. well let's hope so. Good that you can still run at least! Look after that hip though.

TD said...

Very interesting Jen, what you say about the changed running style.

A friend has told me how she has suffered less injury by concentrating on a bum in/gut in style. I have been working on that myself.

While still early days for me, I have noticed that bum in/gut in reduces the strain on my back when running.

Aki said...

Cahnge the running style! I concentrated on it in a race the other day and went faster than ever before!

Are you still coming up for the Bush Capital?

Tesso said...

That assessment could prove to be quite valuable.

I'd be interested to know exactly what exercises is he getting you to do.

Ewen said...

Yes, it starts to warm-up down here in late September.

I like 'keeping the hips forward', which stops the bum from hanging out the back.

Zodelicious said...

I am hoping its going to get warmer soon too. I feel like a wimp, but winter has been long enough I think :)