Today's theme song :-)
Still coughing but slowly returning to consistent training -
Friday
AM - 42mins bike session on the trainer in front of the telly (including lots of short AT intervals) before work
PM - physio exercises, core work & stretches
Saturday
AM - sleep-in :-) followed by a very warm 20mins walk, 15min run & stretching. My cough was a bit worse when I woke up this morning. I sounded a bit like Darth Vadar while running - nothing like a bit of heavy breathing first thing in the morning ;-)
PM - headed to the pool in the late afternoon for a (scenic) 1.8k swim in the 25m pool thanks to the outdoor (50m) pool being inundated by screaming children. Made a big change after last week when R & I were the only ones in the 50m pool because everyone else was scared off by the rain !
Sunday
AM - my first long ride in over a month (!). Headed up to the Glenbrook National Park with Apollo for 90mins on various trails. I was supposed to do 2 hrs but cut it short. It was nice to be out on the MTB again but my legs had nothing this morning. I think I need to eat a bit more before my long rides.
Tomorrow, it's back to work (yes, on NYE) before another self-inflicted strength session in the gym.
Thanks to 2 colds, various Christmas & engagement functions & 1 weekend of laziness, my totals for December are so pathetic I'm not even going to bother to add them up. Still, I've done my first tri this month - and again remained injury free for the 4th month in a row (woohoo!) - so it hasn't been a complete wasteland. It will be nice to get rid of this cough & get back into consistent training again, particularly as my goals for the second half of 2008 in particular will require the development of a greater base & much more strength....:-)
1 comment:
Doesn't look like the totals would be pathetic to me? You seem like you have been getting heaps done.
Anyway, happy new year. I have enjoyed reading your blog this year - it is never boring (well almost never). I am looking forward to seeing what adventures (scenic and otherwise) unfold in 2008.
Cheers!
BTW - I am still waiting for you to add up how many times to went away in 2007!
Post a Comment