Wow! Thanks for all the comments & SMS' people. Much appreciated :-)
No rest for the wicked as they say. I pulled up extremely well after my tri debut on Sunday. Both soleus (sp?) are a bit tight at the moment - though I suspect it has more to do with the number of times I've been wearing high heels (thanks to various Christmas-related functions) in recent weeks than my training as I rarely wear them anymore. Hopefully with lots of stretching & the number of Christmas-related functions dwindling, it should improve quickly.
Monday
AM - 60mins PT session
I said to R over the weekend that I almost dread sessions with the PT because they are so damn hard. This session was no exception -
- 5mins run w/u
- lunges with pulses on a ladder structure (6/8/10/12) with 4kg dumbbell (5sec recovery).
- 20 x squats with a bicep curl & shoulder press (4kg dumbbell)
- 20 x push-ups with 1 hand on a bosu ball (15 of them on my toes)
- 20 x chest flyes on the swiss ball (4kg dumbbell)
- 20 x push-ups with 1 hand on a bosu ball (on knees)
- 20 x a core exercise I can't begin to name or describe
- 5mins run
- lunges with pulses on a ladder structure (6/8/10/12/10/8/6).
- core (jackknife & plank)
- stretches
O.M.G.
Tuesday
AM - took the extra sleep option this morning after getting in late after a lovely dinner with Mouse & NTR (*waves*). Good idea too as even with the extra sleep I had a lil bit of a sore throat during the day
PM - back to the pool for a (scenic) 1.2k swim. I felt pretty heavy in the water tonight. My chest & shoulders in particular are rather sore after yesterday's PT session which made the 'firm' efforts bloody hard work.
Wednesday
AM - up at 4.30am for a 45mins bike session including a total of 20mins at AT. Ouch.
Another PT session tomorrow morning. Oh man, I'm still sore from Monday's session. Is it too early to think about the weekend? All of my client's believe the world is going to end at 5pm on Christmas Eve….ai ai ai.
1 comment:
Sorry that I didn't catch up before this Jen but happy to see what you achieved. Yes, what a year for you. All this and a promise to get married.
What are you going to do next year?
Post a Comment