And I'm home after a 1/2 day at work. The Christmas shopping has long been finished, my mum & nan are in the kitchen whipping up a storm, organising our traditional Christmas Eve seafood extravaganza and R and the Mini Mango are on their way over to spend Christmas Eve & Christmas morning with us. Amazing to think how life has changed for me in the course of a year - Mango & I hadn't even met this time last year. Now I have a fiance - not to mention a step-daughter-to-be, a scary prospect for someone who has never wanted children of her own. But I have been very blessed with a wonderful step-daughter-to-be (R isn't bad either ;-)) and I wouldn't have it any other way. Happy days :-)
The last few days have been a write-off for me so far as training is concerned. Wednesday afternoon I started coming down with a nasty head cold which has pretty much floored me since then. The only sessions I have done since my bike session on Wednesday morning was a (scenic) 1.6k swim on Saturday afternoon in the rain (I love swimming in the rain, almost as much as I love running in it) and a PT session (60mins) this morning -
- 5min w/u
- 24 x walking lunges with one 4kg dumbbell extended overhead.
- lunges with front foot on a bosu ball with pulses on a ladder structure (6/8/10/12/10/8/6) for each leg. Each set followed by what was supposed to explosive step up onto a bench
- 20 x lying oblique twisting thingy with a 3kg medicine ball
- 20 x core exercise I can't begin to describe with a 4kg medicine ball
- 20 x single (right) leg deadlifts with bicep curl & shoulder press (2 x 4kg dumbbells)
- 10 x right leg thigh kicks (my first kickboxing experience)
- alternating thigh kicks with push-ups up to 10 - ie 1 kick, 1 push-up, 2 thigh kicks, 2 push-ups etc. By the time I got to 8 it was bloody hard work !
- 20 x core exercise I can't begin to describe with 1 x 4kg dumbbell extended overhead
- 20 x lying oblique twisting thingy with a 3kg medicine ball
- 20 x single (left) leg deadlifts with bicep curl & shoulder presses (2 x 4kg dumbbells)
- plank
- stretches
Phew.
My training in December has been terribly inconsistent. I haven't done a long ride in a month now (yikes!). But hopefully with another day's rest tomorrow, I should be close to fully recovered and ready to get stuck into it (consistently) again.
I hope everyone has a wonderful & merry Christmas & that your day is filled with family, friends, joy, happiness & much love. I know mine will be :-)
8 comments:
Merry Christmas Jen. Hope you have a good one. See you at Black Stump maybe?
Have a good xmas Jen. I will catch up with you in the new year, maybe at Wollongong Aquathon.
Thank you for your support and nice comments thru 2007. I hope this christmas and new year brings all the best for you and your family.
Now get in the kitchen and help your mum with the cooking! ;)
its all about core! :)
have a nice xmas-new year 'break'.
thanks for all your comments and support throughout the year.
bro
Merry Xmas Jen, and welcome to one of the most rewarding experiences one can undertake. As you've probably worked out step-parenthood has been one of the best things that I have been involved in. Enjoy it!
And thank you so much for your advice re the Black Stump - it was your performance last year that really inspired me to take it on this year.
Cheers,
Ben
Merry Christmas lovey. I hope you had a fantastic day. Much Love
Y
xxxxx
Hope you had a good Chrissy Jen. What a wonderful year you've had, its gonna take some beating in 2008!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment